WTB: BEP hand-pulled proof souvenir cards in Fort Worth

Old March 23rd 10, 06:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

Default WTB: BEP hand-pulled proof souvenir cards in Fort Worth

Wanted To Buy: "Hand-Pulled Proof" souvenir cards in Fort Worth

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing will be raffling off "hand-pulled
proof" souvenir cards at the Fort Worth ANA show this week. I need
about ten of these to fill "standing orders" from my customers, and
will be a willing buyer at more than issue price, at least on Thursday,
and possibly on Friday and Saturday as well.

You need to:
1) Get a numbered ticket at the BEP booth (see the program for
the booth number) ONCE per day. Write your name on the back
of one half and put it in the bucket ... keep the other half.
Do NOT enter your name more than once, as the BEP may
check and will discard ALL duplicate entries.
2) Show up for the drawing, USUALLY held at noon and 4 PM
on Thursday and Friday, and noon on Saturday.
THIS VARIES FROM SHOW TO SHOW, so ask me or someone
at the BEP booth about the exact times.
3) If your number is called, you are given a numbered laminated
ticket giving you the chance to purchase one of the numbered/
signed/dated hand-pulled proof souvenir cards for $50.
I'll buy that ticket for between $10 and $50 depending
on the number (USUALLY $50 for #1 or #2, $20 for the rest
of the cards drawn on Thursday, and $10 for the cards drawn
on later days, but this may go lower if all of the regular
purchasers "fill their orders" early).
4) You may pay also the $50 by cash, check or credit card and
purchase the card directly -- I will reimburse that amount
plus the bonus if you sell me the card later.

I'll be near the cash register with a wad of dough in my hand,
usually wearing a plaid shirt, with a deeler badge on it.

Any questions please page me or see me at the Souvenir Card Collectors
Society table or at the BEP booth before the drawing. I'll be there
through the drawing on Saturday, but may be out of cash by then if I
end up purchasing many more cards than I really want ...

I will also have a few duplicate hand-pulled proofs from previous
shows on hand ... if you are lucky enough to win two of the Fort Worth
cards, I'm willing to trade one of these previous cards while
supplies last!

--
Ken Barr Numismatics email:
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old March 24th 10, 12:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Cato

"Ken Barr" wrote in message
Wanted To Buy: "Hand-Pulled Proof" souvenir cards in Fort Worth

I bet you have something else that is regularly hand pulled!

Old March 24th 10, 12:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Cato