Source for Harco Jumbo Cover Albums?

Old June 20th 09, 02:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight

Default Source for Harco Jumbo Cover Albums?

Awhile back I purchased a cover lot ... 600+ covers crammed into 2 Harco
"Jumbo" cover albums. If I could get a bunch more of these albums, I would
be so much better organized and feel that I actually collect covers, instead
of simply hoarding them in boxes that are difficult to browse through.

Since, I've been looking for more of these without success. Apparently they
aren't made anymore and/or haven't been for a long time????

The binders are 10.5" x 12.5" with a ~2.75" spine. The pages themselves
hold 3 regular-size US covers per face; font and back = 6 covers. In all,
50 pages seem to fit nicely, which means these books will hold 300 covers
each. Which is exactly why I like them!

I have tons of 100-per cover albums, but I'd sure like to find more of the
"jumbo" versions.

Does anyone know the history of these and why they seem to be so scarce?

What about a source for pages like this ... ones that will hold 3 regulsar
size covers per side? I'm sure I can come up with my own binders, somehow,
if I could find the pages.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Old June 20th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight

In , on 06/19/2009
at 09:28 PM, "Nick Knight" said:

The binders are 10.5" x 12.5" with a ~2.75" spine.

In an attempt to be a little more accurate, they are 12.5" tall and 10.5"
wide.

Nick

Old June 21st 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:28:51 -0400, Nick Knight wrote:

What about a source for pages like this ... ones that will hold 3
regulsar size covers per side? I'm sure I can come up with my own
binders, somehow, if I could find the pages.

I know Lindner makes 3-pocket cover pages, if you are talking about #6
3/4 (FDC) envelopes:

http://www.subwaystamp.com/images/20...alog%20pt3.pdf -- page 14 of
28

HTH.

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old June 21st 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 22:21:34 -0500, Joshua McGee wrote:

I know Lindner makes 3-pocket cover pages, if you are talking about #6
3/4 (FDC) envelopes:

Actually, your measurements sound more like #10 envelope pages -- so feel
free to ignore.

Old June 21st 09, 06:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight

In , on 06/20/2009
at 10:21 PM, Joshua McGee said:

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:28:51 -0400, Nick Knight wrote:

What about a source for pages like this ... ones that will hold 3
regulsar size covers per side? I'm sure I can come up with my own
binders, somehow, if I could find the pages.

I know Lindner makes 3-pocket cover pages, if you are talking about #6 3/4
(FDC) envelopes:

http://www.subwaystamp.com/images/20...alog%20pt3.pdf -- page 14 of
28

Per your other reply, I AM talking about #6-sized covers. So this
information is pertinent!

I measured the actual pages in the albums I have. They are 11 7/8" tall and
appear to be 10" wide. The width is way more than required, but it may
actually accomodate the occassional #10 cover, and it certainly helps to
keep the #6 cover away from the bendy part of the bindings.

I looked at the Subway flyer. It may be that the pages to which you pointed
will do what I want. I assume you are talking about the the cover, sheet
and banknote section in the middle, third from the left? I have to assume,
because for whatever reason on my monitor, I cannot read the numbers
associated with that image. It looks like these pages are 240mm wide, but I
can't make out anything else. Even with blowing it up and/or shrinking.

Can you read the ZLN-number and the pocket height? I can try to call them
this week if not ... I've orded tons of album pages from them and they seem
to be pretty responsive to queries.

Thanks for the pointer! While albums might get expensive to build (at 80
cents a page), I can throw together a few for my better items and watch for
deals over time.

Thanks again,

Nick

Old June 22nd 09, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:49:14 -0400, Nick Knight wrote:

In , on 06/20/2009
at 10:21 PM, Joshua McGee said:

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:28:51 -0400, Nick Knight wrote:

What about a source for pages like this ... ones that will hold 3
regulsar size covers per side? I'm sure I can come up with my own
binders, somehow, if I could find the pages.

I know Lindner makes 3-pocket cover pages, if you are talking about #6
3/4 (FDC) envelopes:

http://www.subwaystamp.com/images/20...alog%20pt3.pdf -- page 14 of
28

Per your other reply, I AM talking about #6-sized covers. So this
information is pertinent!

OK. Well: good.

I cannot read the ZLN-number either. These are on the website, and may
be they:

http://www.subwaystamp.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ALHS3

I can't find my paper Subway catalog to look it up for you. Either way,
though, you're probably better off calling Subway. I'm sure if you give
them the page number they will be able to help.

Alternately, I have a dealer friend who is (or at least was) the US West
Coast distributor for Lindner, and if you want to contact me off-list for
info, it may (?) be cheaper than $0.80/page (I think he has them drop-
shipped from Lindner US, but it's been a while since I ordered from him,
and I don't know how his shipping charges contrast with Subway's.)

Old June 24th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

It looks like "Harco" have disappeared into the ether,
very much the same as the dreaded "Chinese" stock book.
There are numerous references to each on the internet
but try and find anyone who deals in them, no way.
A real vanishing trick.

I would very much like to buy a few cartons of Chinese stock books,
they are ideal vehicles for trading, but they have disappeared into the
wind.
Tatty examples are now going at auction here for about $8 -$10 each

"Nick Knight" wrote in message
[...]

Harco Coinmaster Coin Holder Album Gene Haldas Coins 3 August 5th 05 02:25 AM
FA: 2 World Stamp Albums - (1946 and 1961) - STAMP ALBUMS Aaron Marketplace 0 April 29th 05 01:50 AM
Harco Coinmaster Albums Hu Coins 8 March 11th 05 09:58 PM
best source for newbies Becky myers Coins 1 February 25th 05 04:35 AM
FA: Scott Specialty Albums and Other Albums / Stamps on eBay [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 22nd 05 03:56 PM