Anybody want to comment?

Old February 5th 05, 06:20 AM
bri

"Bob Hairgrove" wrote in message
Genuine or not?

http://tinyurl.com/5ow3l

--
Bob Hairgrove

That's the year with a mess-up on the reverse. It says 'cents' instead of
just a C next to 50. There's like 1,200 or less of those. Need to see the
reverse of this one.
It's missing some details because of wear. I saved the picture and zoomed in
on it. Looks authentic but just worn down.
Looks cleaned. VF. The hair is toast. Flatness all over. That extra-looking
bust area is from wear--hence the VF--and it's all blended together right
there. Crummy pic so there's that.

Old February 5th 05, 09:30 AM
Frank Provasek

As stupid as it was photographed, I can still see mint luster around the
stars, the fact that it has the older style denticled rim of 1807-36, and
that the edge is NOT reeded.

Guess I need to put my money where my mouth is and bid on it...

Old February 5th 05, 06:23 PM
Aram H. Haroutunian

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:30:49 GMT, "Frank Provasek"
wrote:

As stupid as it was photographed, I can still see mint luster around the
stars, the fact that it has the older style denticled rim of 1807-36, and
that the edge is NOT reeded.

Guess I need to put my money where my mouth is and bid on it...

Doesn.t the reeded edge 1836 have a different bust? Hair is really
curly, as I recall.
Aram.
Old February 7th 05, 12:28 PM
Alan Williams

RF wrote:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs...ved+by&Many=ON

I wouldnt buy a stick of gum from this guy..

Kinda makes ya curious about the 73 'mutually withdrawn' comments,
doesn't it!

Alan
'it was a BIG estate'

"Bob Hairgrove" wrote...