A question about postal stamps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 3rd 05, 11:44 PM
Ben Carpenter

Default A question about postal stamps

Over the years I always just bought "any" stamp available
for my letters and bills that I mailed, but in the past
two years, as I personally visited the post office more
often, I became interested in buy different types of stamps.
They are mostly all interesting .... they sure beat the standard
flag stamp and that older flower stamp!

Some recent favorites have been:

*Clouds (and tornados) - sold out quickly in my area
*Arctic Tundra
*Art of the American Indian
*Henry Mancini
*American Heroes (3 firefighters at the WTC w/ flag) 45 cents each,
they donate 8 cents for each stamp sold to the WTC families
who need help.

and just today I found a new Masterworks of Modern American
Architecture which are B&W photos with color typestyles.
They look really good.

I was wondering .... do most people choose a variety of stamps ...
or do most people just buy the American Flag, sold at most
supermarkets?

Also, what is/was you most favorite stamp?

-Ben Carpenter

Please excuse me if any groups are off topic. Thank you.