The excruciatingly difficult Stamp Quiz.

Old May 15th 09, 04:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default The excruciatingly difficult Stamp Quiz.

What was the first US stamp to feature "clip-art" in the design?

Old May 15th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

On May 14, 8:58*pm, "rodney" wrote:
What was the first US stamp to feature "clip-art" in the design?

Scott #3142r.

Oh wait, that's "Clipper art".

--
Joshua H. McGee
Sierra Madre, Los Angeles, California, USA
Old May 16th 09, 01:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Scott is foreign to me, but figuring Gibbons could not be more than 100
catalogue
points away from Scott either way, looked at my database.
"Clipper" was not evident, I may not have that stamp.

You are close however, the first digital clip art on a stamp was within 2
years of your suggestion.