I'm back, somewhat.

Old May 15th 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default I'm back, somewhat.

I am still confined to the "home" and in isolation. I feel good, no
pain but the leg is not healing well. I think going home is getting
closer.
I have a new laptop that I am trying to get comfortable with. My
online time is also limited.
I have not been reading the group much and will try to do better/
I would like to thank the people in the group that sent their wishes
for a speedy recovery.
Sir Rodney sent a nice card, HOWEVER, it had a meter stamp, shame on
him.
Same thing happened to me one time. I gave the postal clerk a letter
and she weighed it and stuck a meter on it before I could say stamp.
Too late to do anything about it after the stamp was stuck.
Then Sir Rodney came back with a very nice Australian commerative and
redeemed himself.
Then there was the card from my long time friend in Canada, can't
remember his name with a very nice Canadian Art stamp, a skip. I think
I will make a mini collection of these Art stamps. They would look
nice on a page all in a row, like an art gallery. I have to wait until
I get back home to get access to my Sclott catalogs to find the
beginning and go from there.
( Just kidding, Tony Vella is the man.)
Nuff for now
Ralph
Old May 15th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Welcome back, Ralphie! Good thing too, I was getting tired being the Old
Man of the Group. Darn! Even mes amis Blair and Pierre are spring chickens
compared to me.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old May 15th 09, 03:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Owya goin, you old codger ?
you won't be happy till you are getting stuck into us again.
Yes, it is quite common now for small postal agencies
to use meters without asking.
After all, it is Philately, you have to grow with the times Ralph!

What about a nice meter collection? hehe

Old May 15th 09, 08:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Welcome back Ralph. Give it time and you'll be 100% before you know
it.

Tony, I'll bet you are not the old one. When Ralph is up to it we
should have a reveal as to age and maybe Ralph will have to get a new
nickname.

Jerry B

Old May 15th 09, 11:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

"Ralphael1" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am still confined to the "home" and in isolation. I feel good, no
pain but the leg is not healing well. I think going home is getting
closer.

welcome back and good to read Your name again :-)

all the best from good old Bavaria

Gerhard

P.S.: get well soon!

Old May 15th 09, 12:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
I am still confined to the "home" and in isolation. I feel good, no
pain but the leg is not healing well. I think going home is getting
closer.
I have a new laptop that I am trying to get comfortable with. My
online time is also limited.
I have not been reading the group much and will try to do better/

Welcome back, Ralph, I have missed you.

It's still a secret, but I can tell you, because you are our Window Clerk
No.1: SNAPO is preparing a new joint issue. You will never guess with
whom...

Speedy recovery!

Victor, the SNA one

Old May 15th 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On May 15, 7:18*am, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"Ralphael1" wrote in message

I am still confined to the "home" and in isolation. I feel good, no
pain but the leg is not healing well. I think going home is getting
closer.
I have a new laptop that I am trying to get comfortable with. My
online time is also limited.
I have not *been reading the group much and will try to do better/

Welcome back, Ralph, I have missed you.

It's still a secret, but I can tell you, because you are our Window Clerk
No.1: SNAPO is preparing a new joint issue. You will never guess with
whom...

Speedy recovery!

Victor, the SNA one

Well, knowing you and our past dealings the answer is quite
obvious...you sneaky devil.

Window Clerk #1
SNA Post Office
Old May 15th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On May 15, 6:01*am, "Gerhard Reichert"
wrote:
"Ralphael1" schrieb im ...

I am still confined to the "home" and in isolation. I feel good, no
pain but the leg is not healing well. I think going home is getting
closer.

welcome back and good to read Your name again :-)

all the best from good old Bavaria

Gerhard

P.S.: get well soon!

Thanks to you Gerhard and all the other well wishers. Tis good to be
remembered.
The nurses keep pointing out the exit and the parking lot. I think
they may be trying to tell me something.

the OLD one

Old May 15th 09, 04:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

On May 15, 12:01*am, wrote:
When Ralph is up to it we
should have a reveal as to age and maybe Ralph will have to get a new
nickname.

I have dibs on "youngest". JTYO?

Welcome back, Ralph.

--
Joshua H. McGee
Sierra Madre, Los Angeles, California, USA
Old May 16th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Tony Vella wrote :
Welcome back, Ralphie!

Welcome back as well, dear Ralph !
It is so nice to see you back again with us and apparently "en pleine
forme".
And a new laptop in addition : great news !

Good thing too, I was getting tired being the
Old Man of the Group. Darn! Even mes amis Blair and Pierre are
spring chickens compared to me.

He he waitaminit, Tony, my 'old' chap ;-)
IIRC you and me have about the same age ???
(I was born on 6 apr 1944)

--
Kind regards,

Pierre Courtiade