This month on Vinyl! Richard Tauber.

Old May 17th 09, 08:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default This month on Vinyl! Richard Tauber.

This is how country folk received their pop music back in 1954
in country Western Australia.
("pop" music is coined in these broadsheets)

One would receive an A3 broadsheet from AWA (Amalgamated Wireless
Australiasia)
Radiola Telefunken
with all the latest vinyl releases (standard and augmented 78rpm) 10" or
12"

http://cjoint.com/data/frjHXuJN67.htm

This particular month included Richard Tauber's original failure "The Yellow
Jacket"
now redesigned as "Land of Smiles"

http://cjoint.com/data/frjMB0dH0a.htm

and the philatelic link?

mailed (this one not showing the airmail etiquette) by Meter Mail Q5

from ???olson's of Perth Western Australia 26th March 1954 to Carnarvon

3d via airmail.
hoping to link the Q5 meter impression to the sender, sometime soon.

http://cjoint.com/data/frjPNWnrki.htm

Old May 17th 09, 08:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Oops. Spoke too soon.
That one must have gone by road.

This one with air mail etiquette, is 6d
http://cjoint.com/data/frj3jzsUZX.htm

Old May 17th 09, 10:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"rodney" wrote in message

This is how country folk received their pop music back in 1954
in country Western Australia.
("pop" music is coined in these broadsheets)

One would receive an A3 broadsheet from AWA (Amalgamated Wireless
Australiasia)
Radiola Telefunken
with all the latest vinyl releases (standard and augmented 78rpm) 10"
or 12"

http://cjoint.com/data/frjHXuJN67.htm

This particular month included Richard Tauber's original failure "The
Yellow Jacket"
now redesigned as "Land of Smiles"

http://cjoint.com/data/frjMB0dH0a.htm

I have a good number of Dein Ist Mein Ganzes Herz from The Land of Smiles
and I still think Tauber's version is tops. Thanks for the memory, Rodney,
on my way to my stereo for some Tauber and Laye.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old May 17th 09, 10:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I thought you would like that Tony,
Also a good litmus test for how often you scan this Newsgroup

Apparently vinyl is coming back in a big way.

"Tony Vella"
[...]

Richard Tauber Tony Vella General Discussion 4 March 11th 09 11:28 PM
richard chamberlin Tiffany Covington Autographs 0 December 17th 04 06:54 PM
Little Richard Patrick Autographs 0 August 17th 04 07:18 PM
richard donner SBFan2000 Autographs 1 January 19th 04 03:50 PM
Richard Donner SBFan2000 Autographs 0 January 15th 04 09:43 PM