Kearney, Nebraska Hobby Store Cheap Stuff!!

Old September 1st 04, 04:14 AM
educator

Default Kearney, Nebraska Hobby Store Cheap Stuff!!

After fielding several questions about kind of deals I got at Fun Time
Hobby, I decided just to post what I remember.

First Question: I don't know the address. It's just on the northeast
corner of the Wal-Mart parking lot in a strip mall.

Yes, I do realize that Hastings has a card shop, Joe's Sportscards and
Comics. He's a great guy but everything is at bv and his was is
expensive and usually has nothing decent is stock (sorry Joe).

Yes, I did check out their webpage but nothing was listed about cards.

Some of the deals I saw or bought.
2001 Bowman Chrome Full Box- Packs $8 (cheap when you consider Pujols
is $1200
2003 Bowman Traded Packs $3
2001 Bowman Chrome FB $5 (Vick and the rest of the stud, pretty cheap)

I think they had some other chrome products. I believe they had 1998
Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome packs for football but didn't see the
price (Manning and Moss RCs)

They had cards in the display cases. I noticed that most of them were
listed for well below bv. There was a really cool dual patch of
Schiling and Randy Johnson for like $30. I remember seeing a well
centered mint Elway rc but didn't have that kind of money on me. I
will definately take more on my next visit. Probably the checkbook.

They had a bargain bin for $3, $5, and a few odd prices. I notice
some nice $30 autographed rc cards from bowman, ud, chrome, etc.

Now the bad news. I live in Grand Island and didn't have much cash on
me. I bought a ton of higher $ stuff out of the bargain bin (like the
autos) and plan to make it up there again either this weekend or next
week to pick up some of the wax. When was the last time you could buy
quality wax that cheap.