US gold at bullion prices??

Old September 16th 03, 10:05 PM
Craton

Default US gold at bullion prices??

Is it possible to purchase common examples of double eagles at or near
bullion prices? A relative may be interested in purchasing about 10K
worth of gold and wants coin and not stock.
--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------
Old September 16th 03, 10:37 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Craton wrote:

Is it possible to purchase common examples of double eagles at or near
bullion prices? A relative may be interested in purchasing about 10K
worth of gold and wants coin and not stock.

You might want to look at this:

http://www.ajpm.com/

Alan
'not an endorsement'
Old September 17th 03, 04:35 PM
Josh Moran

"Craton" wrote in message ...
Is it possible to purchase common examples of double eagles at or near
bullion prices? A relative may be interested in purchasing about 10K
worth of gold and wants coin and not stock.
--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------
Interested in error coins?
http://www.error-coins.com - A work in progress (lack of progress
really).

Probably if they're severly damaged or worn below collectible grade, I would imagine it's
possible. But being able to find 10K worth of severly damaged or worn double eagles might
be difficult. How close is close? VF common date Type III double eagles trade at about
melt + $25-$50. Otherwise the best bet is to go for modern American eagles. I'd happily
sell you all of mine at spot. Of course I only have two in stock at the moment.

--
Josh Moran
CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.

Remove "these" "words" to reply direct.

Old September 17th 03, 09:21 PM
John LeMay

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:37:15 +0000, Alan & Erin Williams wrote:

You might want to look at this:

http://www.ajpm.com/

Anyone dealt with these folks? Their pricing is extrememly aggressive
compared to any other source I'd seen. I'd expect some low grading coins
at these prices.

--
John LeMay
kc2kth

Old September 17th 03, 09:29 PM
John LeMay

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:21:49 -0400, John LeMay wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:37:15 +0000, Alan & Erin Williams wrote:

You might want to look at this:

http://www.ajpm.com/

Anyone dealt with these folks? Their pricing is extrememly aggressive
compared to any other source I'd seen. I'd expect some low grading coins
at these prices.

I'm backpeddaling a bit here. The prices are still pretty aggressive, but
I was misreading the chart a bit. Sorry, I'm heavily medicated at the
moment. g

Old September 17th 03, 09:30 PM
Bob Flaminio

John LeMay wrote:
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:37:15 +0000, Alan & Erin Williams wrote:
You might want to look at this:

http://www.ajpm.com/

Anyone dealt with these folks? Their pricing is extrememly aggressive
compared to any other source I'd seen. I'd expect some low grading
coins at these prices.

Why would you care about the grade if you're just buying bullion?

--
Bob

Old September 17th 03, 09:40 PM
Bob Flaminio

Craton wrote:
I'm backpeddaling a bit here. The prices are still pretty
aggressive, but I was misreading the chart a bit. Sorry, I'm heavily
medicated at the moment. g

Want to share?

Yeah, don't bogart that stuff, pass it along ....

--
Bob