eBay sellers making a killing on rolls of 2009 Lincoln cents

Old February 14th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Johnny Doe

Default eBay sellers making a killing on rolls of 2009 Lincoln cents

They will only make, what, about a billion of each design?

Get your bids in, $25 boxes of 50 rolls bid up to $265 with 2 days
left!

Single rolls bid up to $25.01 currently.

How long before sanity shows its ugly face and secondary prices drop
to a reasonable rate?

Old February 14th 09, 07:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

On Feb 14, 1:58*pm, Johnny Doe wrote:
They will only make, what, about a billion of each design?

Get your bids in, $25 boxes of 50 rolls bid up to $265 with 2 days
left!

Single rolls bid up to $25.01 currently.

How long before sanity shows its ugly face and secondary prices drop
to a reasonable rate?

Not sure, probably won't be too long. As for me I will only get
them from circulation, just like the state quarters,
I refuse to pay anything over face value for modern coins like that.
Old February 14th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:58:19 -0500, Johnny Doe wrote:

They will only make, what, about a billion of each design?

Get your bids in, $25 boxes of 50 rolls bid up to $265 with 2 days
left!

Single rolls bid up to $25.01 currently.

How long before sanity shows its ugly face and secondary prices drop
to a reasonable rate?

It the mint planning to sell numismatic quality rolls of the Lincoln
Cents?

Old February 14th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Jon Purkey wrote:
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:58:19 -0500, Johnny Doe wrote:

They will only make, what, about a billion of each design?

Get your bids in, $25 boxes of 50 rolls bid up to $265 with 2 days
left!

Single rolls bid up to $25.01 currently.

How long before sanity shows its ugly face and secondary prices drop
to a reasonable rate?

It the mint planning to sell numismatic quality rolls of the Lincoln
Cents?

What do you mean by "numismatic quality" rolls?

James

Old February 14th 09, 10:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

It the mint planning to sell numismatic quality rolls of the Lincoln
Cents?

What do you mean by "numismatic quality" rolls?

You know, the ones with the fancy and way cool wrappers that you can only
get from the US Mint. The ladies dig them.

Old February 14th 09, 11:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Allured[_3_]

Mr. Jaggers wrote:

Jon Purkey wrote:
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:58:19 -0500, Johnny Doe wrote:

They will only make, what, about a billion of each design?

Get your bids in, $25 boxes of 50 rolls bid up to $265 with 2 days
left!

Single rolls bid up to $25.01 currently.

How long before sanity shows its ugly face and secondary prices drop
to a reasonable rate?

It the mint planning to sell numismatic quality rolls of the Lincoln
Cents?

What do you mean by "numismatic quality" rolls?

You are talking about the US Mint? What do you mean by "planning"?

--Dave ;-)
Old February 15th 09, 12:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

PC wrote:

It the mint planning to sell numismatic quality rolls of the Lincoln
Cents?

What do you mean by "numismatic quality" rolls?

You know, the ones with the fancy and way cool wrappers that you can
only get from the US Mint. The ladies dig them.

Put me down for 100 rolls.

James

Old February 15th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Feb 14, 7:43*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
PC wrote:

It the mint planning to sell numismatic quality rolls of the Lincoln
Cents?

What do you mean by "numismatic quality" rolls?

I read, and have been reading long before the new cents came out, that
they are going to mint copper (or they sometimes call it bronze, due
to a dash of zinc in the copper) 2009 Lincoln cents (new designs of
course) for collector sets. Sounds neat that they are actually minting
copper cents again, even though they are not for general circulation.
Or do they mint copper cent for every year's numismatic sets?
(1983-2008?) Now I'm curious of that, now that I thought to ask.

Old February 15th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

PC wrote:

It the mint planning to sell numismatic quality rolls of the
Lincoln Cents?

What do you mean by "numismatic quality" rolls?

I read, and have been reading long before the new cents came out, that
they are going to mint copper (or they sometimes call it bronze, due
to a dash of zinc in the copper) 2009 Lincoln cents (new designs of
course) for collector sets. Sounds neat that they are actually minting
copper cents again, even though they are not for general circulation.
Or do they mint copper cent for every year's numismatic sets?
(1983-2008?) Now I'm curious of that, now that I thought to ask.

First of all, the addition of zinc to copper makes brass; throw in some tin
and you make bronze.

The cents in collector sets since 1982 have been copper-plated zinc, which
is not brass, as the two metals are not alloyed. I suppose that if you
melted some down and stirred them around enough, you could call the
resultant blob of metal brass, but you'd be stretching it big time.

Since collector sets have such an excessive markup, the Mint could afford to
make the component coins out of more costly alloys. But they normally
choose not to. The 2009 collector cents in bronze, if they are made, will
be an exception designed to massage the hurt feelings of traditionalists. I
just hope that some politician doesn't decide that we need to have a 2009-S,
V.D.B. Lincoln cent.

James

Old February 15th 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Johnny Doe

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:47:50 -0700, Dave Allured
wrote:

Mr. Jaggers wrote:

Jon Purkey wrote:
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:58:19 -0500, Johnny Doe wrote:

They will only make, what, about a billion of each design?

Get your bids in, $25 boxes of 50 rolls bid up to $265 with 2 days
left!

Single rolls bid up to $25.01 currently.

How long before sanity shows its ugly face and secondary prices drop
to a reasonable rate?

It the mint planning to sell numismatic quality rolls of the Lincoln
Cents?

What do you mean by "numismatic quality" rolls?

You are talking about the US Mint? What do you mean by "planning"?

--Dave ;-)

I didn't hear anyone "talking". What do you mean by "US Mint"?

;-(0)

"I'll be here till Thursday, try the veal"

2009 Lincoln Cents RF Coins 2 January 30th 08 05:02 PM
FA: Rolls of Uncirculated Lincoln Wheat Pennies / Cents garagesaler Coins 1 September 27th 06 07:15 AM
New Dollar Coin in 2009 will bear image of Lincoln, and will only be issued in exchange for a roll of Cents Joe Fischer Coins 7 July 21st 06 03:51 AM
FA: 1c No Reserve 1963 P & D Origianl BU Rolls Lincoln Cents [email protected] Coins 0 May 19th 06 01:19 AM
FA: Unc. Rolls of Jeff Nickels and Lincoln Mem. Cents Jim Fekete Coins 0 May 4th 04 09:57 PM