Old August 19th 05, 11:54 PM
yodedude2

Charlie, this is like a tennis match being played on two different
courts.

Do I have to spell it out for you? Geez.

Make your auctions honest. Use vague hyperbole. Put something like,
'better than original homemade dubbed 8-track alignment tape
copies--better because they've been bulk-erased, lubed, respliced, and
padded with my special homemade aquarium filter pads.' I bet you
they'd sell for more.

No need to thank me. Honesty always pays off in the long run. May you
discover that for yourself someday.

Bottome line--what the market and the hobby needs is honest
representation, not incessant fraudulent misrepresentation. C'mon
Charlie, do the right thing. later, ron

btw, if you have not sent me or posted your mailing address by midnight
Saturday, 08/20, you will have officially refused the sealed blank
replacement offer and the matter shall be eternally laid to rest.

p.s. Thanks anyway, but I'll pass on the pix.

66FOURDOOR wrote:
Ron,

Original only matters if that's what you want and demand.

I've been restoring/rebuildng musclecars, first as an occupation (12
years including my own garage business), now as a hobby, for 25 years
total. I own a 1970 GTO and 1970 Firebird, both purchased in the early
1980's when the restoration craze started. The GTO I took the body off
the frame with the help of a few friends lifting, right in my back
yard. My minor AAS degree in college was Automotive Technology. I've
built more V-8 motors than I can count or remember.

Yes, there are "purists" that insist on original parts for concours
show-winning restorations.

Then there are $250,000 NASCAR race cars, and the only thing Ford,
Chevy, or Mopar on them is the emblems. Try to sell those guys a stock
original part and they'll laugh you out of the garage. And also highly
modified musclecars- where all the inferior stock parts were replaced
with MORE EXPENSIVE, MORE DESIREABLE aftermarket parts- to go faster.

One reasomn the NASCAR cars go faster. Because they are open to
CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT.

The era correct restorations are saddled to the technology level
attained at that time.

I like both- but in the case of 8-track alignment tapes selling for $10
and free shipping- that is not the issue. What the market needs and
obviously is demanding is, a working alignment tape. End of story.

FWIW, the intake and exhaust manifolds for my engine are so rare, you
cannot even find any to buy, no matter what the cost. It was an
experimental design that never was installed in a car. Send a valid
email addy to me and I'll send you pics of my engine. I have $10,000
in the motor alone- and that was with myself doing all the assembly and
installation. The project took 3 years just to find the parts and
assemble it and get it in the car running.

hsf18 @ epix.net

Old August 20th 05, 02:44 AM
66fourdoor

Ron,

If you aren't man enough to call me, then you have no right to judge my
auctions. I don't even know you personally-

Likewise, if you haven't bought or tried my alignment tapes, you cannot
make valid judgements about them- you never even held one or listened
to it. You are judging it by one aged digital B&W label picture that
has since been upgraded.

When you own Ebay, then come back and we'll talk.

Old August 20th 05, 02:45 AM
66fourdoor

translation- the reality of a thundering American V-8 making 500 HP
would be too much of an ego hit-

you're missing out on one wild ride.

Old August 20th 05, 02:45 AM
66fourdoor

ps- or you're still protecting your email addy

Old August 20th 05, 03:18 AM
yodedude2

Hello, Earth to Charlie! Click on the sender in the post heading,
enter the requested word on the next screen, and you get the e-mail
addy--assuming you are still using Google. Do I have to explain
everything? Sheesh.

Old August 20th 05, 03:20 AM
yodedude2

66fourdoor wrote: