Localized SQ Distribution Patterns

Old July 19th 04, 02:23 PM
Alan Williams

Default Localized SQ Distribution Patterns

Totally Anecdotal.

I do not search Quarter rolls, and I am hoarding the first 41 examples
of each SQ design I get in commerce.

This past two months, I received examples of only these designs:

Florida
South Carolina
North Carolina
Louisiana (lots!)
New York
Alabama
Virginia

I have not been handed a Maine SQ since the first of the year.
I still have not seen Texas.

Illinois 'filled a tube' within weeks of the issue, but all the SQ's
issued since then have been a trickle.

Alan
'thinking Maine rolls are a smart move'
Old July 19th 04, 04:39 PM
Michael G. Koerner

Alan Williams wrote:

Totally Anecdotal.

I do not search Quarter rolls, and I am hoarding the first 41 examples
of each SQ design I get in commerce.

This past two months, I received examples of only these designs:

Florida
South Carolina
North Carolina
Louisiana (lots!)
New York
Alabama
Virginia

I have not been handed a Maine SQ since the first of the year.
I still have not seen Texas.

Illinois 'filled a tube' within weeks of the issue, but all the SQ's
issued since then have been a trickle.

Alan
'thinking Maine rolls are a smart move'

So far this year,

-Lots of 'P' TX, *NO* 'D' yet;
-We're swimming in 'D' FL, very few 'P's;
-Lots of both MIs
-*ZERO* 'D' ARs, oodles of 'P's (my 'circulation' file still has a hole
at AR-D);

The earlier states are all in ample quantities with normal circulation wear.

BTW, Alan, what city or region are you located in? Here in Appleton,
WI, we are in a briskly growing metro area about halfway between the two
USMint plants.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old July 19th 04, 05:14 PM
Alan Williams

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

Alan Williams wrote:

[...]

Western Maryland, 120 miles south of Pittsburgh, 120 miles west of
Baltimore and 2.5 miles from West Virginia. Sometimes coins fall off
passing trucks or trains, but our local circulation is dominated by
demand by local banks serving a population in the county of 60,000. ;-)

IOW, if a bank orders at the same time as an SQ release, we get flooded.
If the order goes between issues (or no order is placed) the Vault
services deliver mixed from circulation, which only seem to run 25% SQ,
75% Eagleback.

Alan
'watches this stuff'
Old July 20th 04, 02:28 AM
Richard L. Hall

"Alan Williams" wrote in message
Totally Anecdotal.

I do not search Quarter rolls, and I am hoarding the first 41 examples
of each SQ design I get in commerce.

This past two months, I received examples of only these designs:

Florida
South Carolina
North Carolina
Louisiana (lots!)
New York
Alabama
Virginia

I had two rolls that I received in change and wrapped recently to take to
the bank. So I looked at them to see what I had. There was 1 bicentennial
quarter. The state quarters included (all P-mint unless otherwise
indicated) Multiples are in ()

Delaware
Pennsylvania
Connecticut
Virginia (5P and 1D)
New York
North Carolina (2)
Kentucky (2)
Tennessee
Ohio (1D)
Louisianna (1P and 1D)
Indiana
Mississippi
Alabama
Maine
Missouri (2)
Michigan (5)
Florida (4)
Texas (4)

--
Richard
http://home.netcom.com/~richlh

Old July 20th 04, 02:57 PM
Alan Williams

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

Alan Williams wrote:

[...]

So of course, yesterday I got a Texas SQ!

Alan
'RCC jinx intact'
Old July 22nd 04, 12:32 AM
Alan Williams

"Richard L. Hall" wrote:

[...]

I believe that all the NC and VA quarters would make a nice start on a
coral reef.
;-)

Alan
'like 1964 Jeffs'
Old July 22nd 04, 01:21 AM
Richard L. Hall

"Richard L. Hall" wrote:

I believe that all the NC and VA quarters would make a nice start on a
coral reef.

Now! Now! I like the Virginia quarter. Even bought a colorized version of
one. May buy a silver proof too.

Old July 22nd 04, 01:40 AM
Alan Williams

"Richard L. Hall" wrote:

I believe that all the NC and VA quarters would make a nice start on a
coral reef.

Now! Now! I like the Virginia quarter. Even bought a colorized version of
one. May buy a silver proof too.

Not a comment on the design, Richard, which is in the fine tradition of
sailing ships on US coinage. It *is* a comment on the gross tonnage of
the mintage, prohibitively large from a speculator's point of view. ;-)

My State Quarter collecting needs are satisfied with my annual purchase
of two mint sets (one of which remains unopened, the other is sliced
open to fill Dansco albums) a Proof and a silver Proof set.

I am conducting a circulation survey, saving the first 41 examples of
issue I get in commerce. This doubles as a cheap savings tactic, too.
Plus I get to devote the $512.50 I'll eventually amass to a Key Lincoln
in low grade or an Early Commem in MS. ;-) Lately, Helen Keller is
surging forward, PA is still MIA, Maine has ground to a halt and VA
continues to rain on me in buckets.

Alan
'Texas 2, Virginia 566'
Old July 22nd 04, 02:20 AM
A.E. Gelat

If I remember correctly, the mintage of the quarters is based on expected
demand, and has no relevance to speculators' needs. These coins will
circulate for years to come. If there were too many Viriginias, then there
has been lower mintages of subsequent issues. The mint never promised equal
mintage for each state, as that would make no sense.

Tony

[...]

Sheaffer Targa patterns Gordon Pens & Pencils 0 January 27th 05 10:23 PM
Patterns Arnoldo249 Coins 0 September 4th 03 12:19 AM
FS/FT: Daredevil Movie / X-Men United: X2 Movie promo pack (U.K. distribution 2003) Connie L. Cards:- non-sport 0 August 31st 03 03:36 AM
Do You Have Modern Patterns? Phil Barnhart Coins 1 August 10th 03 01:53 AM
Swap Patterns Joao Guimaraes Dolls 0 August 7th 03 04:07 PM