mailing out of the USA

Old November 24th 03, 05:45 PM
Mr.Wayne Gibson

Default mailing out of the USA

Old November 24th 03, 06:39 PM
dahoov2

Trade with someone for UK stamps or send 2 or three IRC's and tell her
in the letter specifially that each IRC is worth one regular overseas
first class stamp. Three is more than enough probably. Tell her
specifically that all she needs to do is hand them to the postal
clerk.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:45:37 -0800 (PST), (Mr.Wayne
Gibson) wrote:

So say I was wanting to send a sase to Jan Chapman and the only address
I have is in New South Whales(sp?)........how would I get the right
amount of postage for the sase???....send her $2.00 and say"Please mail
this back????.....nah......there has to be a better way.......any
ideas?.........new to the group here.........hope you don't mind a
westling fan butting in.

Old November 24th 03, 06:59 PM
Kathy

Last time I looked New South Wales was in Australia..

Kathy
Old November 24th 03, 07:10 PM
Mr.Wayne Gibson

Old November 24th 03, 07:12 PM
Mr.Wayne Gibson

Old November 24th 03, 08:49 PM
dahoov2

My bad, thought they meant the southern part of Wales as in UK

I didn't see the NEW on there....

Old November 24th 03, 08:52 PM
dahoov2

Did you mean south part of Wales of UK or Australia? this reply
implies I was right the first time?

Don't know if I should tell you the IRC answer if you are gonna try to
take a slam... but IRC's are International Response Coupons and they
are good for on Air Mail Stamp anywhere in the world and you can buy
them at any post office. They may not be carried by all, but if they
don't have them, they can order them for you. You pay for them and
they date/place stamp them. You enclose them with your letter and
photo.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:12:31 -0800 (PST), (Mr.Wayne
Gibson) wrote:

great......all I got to do is find me a kangaroo thats going her
way.....

Old November 24th 03, 09:03 PM
Gummby3

Not a stupid question at all. IRC stands for International Reply Coupon. These can be purchased at most post offices. In the US, they cost $1.75 each and it usually takes 2-3 coupons for requests for other countries. Simply include the coupons with request, return envelope, photo, etc. What the recipient does is exchange the coupons for the equal amount of postage from their country. I've had luck using both IRC's and sending $2-$3 along with my request.

--

Mike
Gummby3

~~ Star Collector ~~
www.star-collector.net

"Mr.Wayne Gibson" wrote in message ...
ok.....but what the hell are IRC's?......god I hope that isn't a stupid
question

---

Old November 24th 03, 09:58 PM
Mr.Wayne Gibson