Washington Irving - complete works 1850 -- needs a home.

Old August 29th 05, 02:26 AM
John Faughnan

Default Washington Irving - complete works 1850 -- needs a home.

We have a complete set of Washington Irving's works -- dated about
1850. Not in perfect shape (at least one book has a partly separated
binding) but quite readable.

We're looking for a home for these. Is there a place that would want
them? Otherwise we'll drop them by the local used bookstore, where
they're most likely to end up in the trash.

We're not looking for money -- though it would be good to cover the
cost of shipping. They've been in my wife's family for some years so
we'd like a home for them.

meta: jfaughnan, books, donation, homeless

Old September 2nd 05, 03:47 PM
Bibleman_3

I am Perry Cox, Director for Books for the Nations, a project of the
National Heritage Foundation. We are a non-profit 501(3). Our current
project is building a library collection for The Tamina Community
Center named the Tamina Community Library.
I have a question as to the number of volumes in the collection and the
amout of shelving required.
The project is listed on our site at http://www.booksforthenations.org
Do you have an estimate of the shipping cost? We are a very small
non-profit project and all funding has come from my wife and I. Would
you consider the shipping as a contribution to a non-profit as a
tax-deduction? Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Perry Cox