When will we have a new US $1 design?

Old March 4th 05, 05:52 PM
Matthew Johnson

Default When will we have a new US $1 design?

So, the 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 etc have all been updated. What about the
$1? It just doesn't match anymore! :-)
Old March 4th 05, 10:04 PM
Paul Anderson

In article , Matthew
Johnson wrote:

So, the 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 etc have all been updated. What about the
$1? It just doesn't match anymore! :-)

Neither does the $2 bill, but the government says no redesign is
planned for the $1 or $2. Counterfeiting is not a problem with these
bills, which is the major reason for redesigning the other bills.

Hopefully the $1 bill will be discontinued before it is ever redesigned.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old March 5th 05, 03:29 AM
Michael G. Koerner

Matthew Johnson wrote:

So, the 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 etc have all been updated. What about the
$1? It just doesn't match anymore! :-)

It should be dropped altogether.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old March 10th 05, 10:40 PM
Jim Wild

How would one get change?

Old March 11th 05, 03:45 AM
Darren Garrison

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:40:43 -0500, (Jim Wild) wrote:

How would one get change?

In Pocahontas dollars, of course.

Old March 13th 05, 05:30 PM
Jim Wild

Do you really want those heavy dollar coins in your pocket? I'll take
the bills. Didn't you mean Sacagaweas' Darren? Where are the Pocahontas
dollars?

Old March 13th 05, 06:53 PM
Fred Shecter

If 8.1 grams each is "heavy", then you should get a coin pouch installed on
your wheelchair.

And you should be dedicating 100% of your waking hours to the end of the
cent coin since it weighs so much for the value (do the math).

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply

Old March 13th 05, 07:46 PM
Jim Wild

Sorry Fred, I didn't mean to invoke so much anger on the subject. All is
cool, relax. And besides, Lincolns are my favorite and original
collection. I hope they never stop making them. If any monetary thing
should be changed, at least put Reagan (Ronny) on a bill of some sort. I
don't want to dethrone any great president by any means. Just give
Reagan the $50 or $100 bill. It might take 30 more years, but I bet it
will happen. I'm no political freak to begin with, so don't accuse me of
that. But when is the Hillary nickel coming? Please don't reply to that
last question.

Jim