F mint mark Sacagawea

Old February 23rd 13, 09:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Barney

Default F mint mark Sacagawea

Ok, I'll try again guys. It's from 2005, not 1995. Sorry for the mistake.

I'm pretty sure I see the letter F under the date of a golden dollar. It
was a sacagawea from around 2005. It really does look like a F under the
date.

Could it be something else that kind of looks like a F?

If you want the year, I'll look again, but the question is about the F, not
the date of the coin.

Barney
Old February 24th 13, 05:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Feb 23, 4:01*am, Barney wrote:
Ok, I'll try again guys. *It's from 2005, not 1995. *Sorry for the mistake.

I'm pretty sure I see the letter F under the date of a golden dollar. *It
was a sacagawea from around 2005. *It really does look like a F under the
date.

Could it be something else that kind of looks like a F?

If you want the year, I'll look again, but the question is about the F, not
the date of the coin.

Barney

After reading your reply to my last answer in a different thread, your
F mint mark might very well be a P mint mark with part of the letter
missing from either a partially filled die, a weak strike, or just
worn off. I doubt it's worth much more than face, but it might be
worth taking to a dealer for his/her opinion.

Jerry