Michael Marotta: Coin collectors are liars

Old March 10th 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Michael Marotta: Coin collectors are liars

On Mar 9, 3:25�pm, wrote:
�I paid $50 for my copy shortly after it went out of print, and so it still feels like a $50 book to me.

Hmm, right now I keep my coins in a bank safety deposit box and my
reference books at home. �Maybe I should do it the other way around?

-Robert A. DeRose, Jr.

Lucky you!

~Anka
Old March 14th 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Hello, RWF. You have no problem speaking your mind. What do you think
about Michael Marota saying coin collectors are liars and cheating is
irrelevent. Do you think this is right. I think Michael Marotta should
explain himself. As Ricky says to Lucy, you got some splainin to do. I
think Michael Marotta has some splainin to do to coin collectors and
not just say that we can benefit from what he says !!!
Old March 15th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

wrote:
Hello, RWF. You have no problem speaking your mind. What do you think
about Michael Marota saying coin collectors are liars and cheating is
irrelevent. Do you think this is right. I think Michael Marotta should
explain himself. As Ricky says to Lucy, you got some splainin to do. I
think Michael Marotta has some splainin to do to coin collectors and
not just say that we can benefit from what he says !!!

I guess that you either got tired of stating your own case and are
looking for support, or are just trying to beat this dead horse some
more.
Old March 15th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Jud" wrote in message

Hello, RWF. You have no problem speaking your mind. What do you think
about Michael Marota saying coin collectors are liars and cheating is
irrelevent. Do you think this is right. I think Michael Marotta should
explain himself. As Ricky says to Lucy, you got some splainin to do. I
think Michael Marotta has some splainin to do to coin collectors and
not just say that we can benefit from what he says !!!

I guess that you either got tired of stating your own case and are
looking for support, or are just trying to beat this dead horse some
more.

Actually, I think he secretly admires Marotta to the extent that he presumes
all collectors are looking to him as the Greenspan of numismatics. Any
unexplained negative comments from Marotta could spell doom for the hobby.

Otherwise, it's pretty apparent that nobody really gives a **** what Marotta
said or what realcoincollector thinks about it.

Old March 15th 09, 02:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message

[...]

Speaking only for myself, I certainly don't, and I certainly don't.

James

Old March 15th 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj[_2_]

"note.boy" wrote in message
RWF and realcoincollector may be the one troll. Billy

I doubt it. Finnan's posts are almost entirely reactive. He rags on
a few favorite targets whenever they post, but he doesn't exhibit the
requisite ambition to keep starting new attack threads against the
same individual. OTOH, "realcoincollector" may be a sock puppet for
another regular here.

Old March 20th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Mar 14, 9:15*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
Actually, I think he secretly admiresMarottato the extent that he presumes
all collectors are looking to him as the Greenspan of numismatics. *Any
unexplained negative comments fromMarottacould spell doom for the hobby.

Otherwise, it's pretty apparent that nobody really gives a **** whatMarotta
said or what realcoincollector thinks about it.

I just want Michael Marotta toexplain himself.when he says coin
collectors "in general" are liars but he isnt and thatt cheating is
irrelevent because you enter a coin deal with free choice. He has a
responsibilty to explain himself becaue hes a writer for the ANA. Even
if you dont agree with him and who agrees with him dont you think he
should explain himself or just talk garbage without explaining. What
does he mean and what are his reasons. Thats all
Old March 20th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote in message
On Mar 14, 9:15 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
Actually, I think he secretly admiresMarottato the extent that he presumes
all collectors are looking to him as the Greenspan of numismatics. Any
unexplained negative comments fromMarottacould spell doom for the hobby.

Otherwise, it's pretty apparent that nobody really gives a ****
whatMarotta
said or what realcoincollector thinks about it.

I just want Michael Marotta toexplain himself.when he says coin
collectors "in general" are liars but he isnt and thatt cheating is
irrelevent because you enter a coin deal with free choice. He has a
responsibilty to explain himself becaue hes a writer for the ANA. Even
if you dont agree with him and who agrees with him dont you think he
should explain himself or just talk garbage without explaining. What
does he mean and what are his reasons. Thats all

So why not call him up and ask him? Or send him an email. You're obviously
the only one who cares.

Michael Marotta the ANA and cheating [email protected] Coins 6 March 4th 09 02:39 PM
Ping Michael Marotta AnswerMan2 Coins 0 November 16th 04 11:12 PM
Dear Michael Marotta Jorg Lueke Coins 2 September 28th 04 06:15 PM
2nd PING: Michael Marotta MorganCoin1 Coins 3 November 14th 03 08:31 AM
PING: MIchael Marotta MorganCoin1 Coins 18 November 11th 03 12:38 PM