James Madison Presidential Golden Dollar Coins

Old November 13th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

Default James Madison Presidential Golden Dollar Coins

I got some. Apparently some banks are not big on reading the sticker-
seal.

Old November 27th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Barney

shreadvector wrote in
ups.com:

I got some. Apparently some banks are not big on reading the sticker-
seal.

I did not realize how late in the year the last set would come out.
However I finally was able to get some. Picked up 12 rolls of the Madison
dollars. I was told I was lucky since the BofA branch had them reserved
for others who called and had the bank hold on to them. I pretty much
bought up the rest of what the bank had in stock. Once they order again,
I'm sure they will have plenty.

One branch I normally go to still does not have the Madisons yet. I'll
just keep getting my GDs from there till they need to reorder then I'm sure
they will get the Madisons.

One other brance still has lots of Georges and Adams.

Barney
Old November 28th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson

In article ,
Barney wrote:

One branch I normally go to still does not have the Madisons yet.
I'll just keep getting my GDs from there till they need to reorder
then I'm sure they will get the Madisons.

One other brance still has lots of Georges and Adams.

I got my regular box of one thousand dollars Monday after being
initially told they hadn't come in. They had, but the teller I asked
didn't know that. In the meantime, I went to another branch of the same
bank and got four rolls of Madisons to tide me over.

I'm happily spending them to the delight of almost everyone who gets
them.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old November 28th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

I'm happily spending them to the delight of almost everyone who gets
them.

Me too. I see no worldly point in hoarding minted garbage, but I am
surprised by how many people didn't even know these things existed
until I handed a few to them. Seems the media is as good at
brainwashing people as it is at keeping a population uninformed.