Interesting Find in a Small Missouri Town

Old April 16th 04, 12:23 AM
Scottishmoney

Default Interesting Find in a Small Missouri Town

Okay, I am back home after weeks of family business in California, btw I got
80 Ikes, a 1952-D cent, a 1970-S, and a 1971-S while I was out there. So
on the way back, I drove, through Salt Lake City, and thence to visit more
family in Missouri. My Aunt is a bit of a collector, anything is game for
her. So while I was visiting her, we went downtown to look at some of the
local shops, I find one with veritable hoard of empty mint bags from the
Denver mint in 1974. Now how those ended up there is beyond me, but I know
where they are now - With my mint and bank bag collection. All not a bad
trip for me numismatically wise. The best part for me though was the
Airline History Museum in Kansas City, well worth a visit, if you can find
it that is. They have a DC-3, a Martin 404, and a Lockheed Super
Constellation from the 1950's there. I also added to my DC-3 parts
collection too

Dave

--
Please see my Numismatic Website;
http://www.delta.edu/davidparrish

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!

---

Old April 16th 04, 01:04 AM
Larry Louks

Scottishmoney wrote:
... All not a bad trip for me numismatically wise.

Way to go, Dave! It sounds like you kept your eyes peeled, your ears open,
and your hands ready to grab those goodies!
BTW, I've never seen a mint bag. If you have a photo, please post. Thanks!

Larry
'partially deprived of certain numismatic treats'

Old April 16th 04, 01:44 AM
Byron L. Reed

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:23:50 -0400, "Scottishmoney"
wrote:

So while I was visiting her, we went downtown to look at some of the
local shops, I find one with veritable hoard of empty mint bags from the
Denver mint in 1974.

Auntie was looking for doubled dies in the day, wasn't she?

BLReed

To email me click he http://tinyurl.com/nd66
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com/byrons_collections/default.htm