CONTEST ... in honor of Larry

Old December 11th 03, 04:14 AM
Andrew W Applegarth

"Keith Fletcher" wrote in
:

So here it is, a contest in honor of Larry.

I would be honored to be entered!

- Andrew W Applegarth
Old December 11th 03, 04:14 AM
Aladdin Sane

amen

--
*
/?\

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.
"Bruce Hickmott" wrote in message
CONTEST!!

Woo Hoo!

Bruce

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 03:04:43 GMT, "Keith Fletcher"

is
alleged to have written:

I was Larry Calder's swap partner last year. The gift he sent me really
moved me. Even though we were in the $10 price range group, he managed

find me a coin that was beautiful and uniqe, a lovely PCGS slabbed

Kennedy
half with a cameo made by toning. One of a kind.

I could tell he was very thoughtful about his gift and that it truly came
from his heart.

We communicated a bit over the past year, last of all on the day before

he
went into the hospital. His passing bothered me a lot, and I've been
thinking about how to honor him.

I know he loved this group, and I figure he'd appreciate knowing that
someone ran a contest in his honor. And because it was Larry, I decided
that the only possible prize would be an Ira coin. To that end I've
procured a 1949-s Lincoln cent graded MS66 and selected as PQ by THE MAN,
Ira himself.

So here it is, a contest in honor of Larry.

It's simple to enter. Reply to this posting, or send me an e-mail with
CONTEST as the first word in the subject line. Before I leave for the

XMAS
holidays I'll have my kids pull three names from the hat. Those I will

post
here. Then on XMAS eve I'll have my nieces pull out one who will be 'the
winner.' The other two will receive some lame consolation prize, like a
circulated clad half or worn IHC or something.

Image of the Ira coin first prize is here for now:

http://tinyurl.com/ypcp

I may not be able to post the winner on XMAS eve because I won't have
internet access (though I'll try to find some), but will do so when I

return
before the New Year.

So here we go, and good luck!

--Keith

Old December 11th 03, 04:25 AM
Bob Rudd

In article ,
says...
I was Larry Calder's swap partner last year. The gift he sent me really
moved me. Even though we were in the $10 price range group, he managed to
[...]

PLease enter me and thank you for holding the contest.

--
I hope we can all be good neighbors online!
Old December 11th 03, 04:26 AM
BobbyShaw

So here we go, and good luck!

What a great contest. Please throw my name in the hat!

Robert Shaw
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html
Old December 11th 03, 04:38 AM
Sam F.

I would love to be in a contest in honor of Larry..

Sam F.

Old December 11th 03, 04:40 AM
Ed Hendricks

"Keith Fletcher" wrote in message

So here it is, a contest in honor of Larry.

It's simple to enter. Reply to this posting, or send me an e-mail
with CONTEST as the first word in the subject line.

--Keith

In Larry's memory, enter me in the contest.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old December 11th 03, 05:02 AM
John Patrick

I'd like to enter. I placed an order with Larry and chatted
over e-mail several times.

I've been saddened at his loss.

John
--
John Patrick -- N9OU

Old December 11th 03, 05:38 AM
Ian

Keith Fletcher wrote:

[...]

OK, count me in the contest.

Ian
Old December 11th 03, 05:42 AM
Jerry

Mmmmm...Contest!

[...]

Contest, second chance and update Bill Krummel Coins 5 November 25th 03 07:50 AM
The Official Call Larry Calder Contest Jim Coins 2 September 26th 03 12:18 AM
The RCC ESSAY Contest Robert A. DeRose, Jr. Coins 57 September 25th 03 03:48 AM
My First Contest Eric Babula Coins 37 September 19th 03 03:26 PM
CONTEST TIME !, get out your redbooks Update ! Dan769 Coins 1 August 26th 03 04:13 AM