Coin Shop murder update in St George, UT

Old July 15th 04, 09:26 PM
Wes Chormicle

Default Coin Shop murder update in St George, UT

Many of you remember last Thanksgiving (the Tues before) Jordan Allgood was
handcuffed and murdered in his coin store in St George, UT. Last month the
family re-opened the shop as a business and to remember Jordan. The shop is
now being run by his father-in-law Bob (no coin experience, but a PHD and
university administrator), Chris 73 years young and a Morgan dollar nut, and
**ME**.

The outpouring of support from our small community is amazing (up until last
year, something like 1 murder in 50 years). People are bringing great stuff
to sell without regard to profit, just so the Allgood family can make some
money. Everybody say Jordan was the kindest nicest man they ever met. and
they want to help the family. Yesterday a guy comes in with $5,000.00 in
face value silver and says "just give me 4x face, I could get more but I
want the family to have it". We started going through the first bag
today..... Probably 25% of the quarters were from the 30's and 40's, and
about 25 Standing Libs. Some of these 1940's were in VF-XF and a couple of
AU's. Can't wait to open a bag of halfs!

At the end of the month, America's Most Wanted will air a piece on
robbery/murder. I post the date when I confirm it (31st??).

Our inept "Mayberry" police department really isn't capable of this type of
investigation and has given up on it unless somebody walks in and confesses.
One thing that just came to light that maybe might ring a bell with
someone...

About 2 days before the murder Jordan had some rare AU- Crisp BU large size
currency and about $500 worth of WL half's (all grades), these were missing.
If anybody recalls this type of stuff showing up suddenly in Nevada or
California about that time, maybe it has something to do with the robbery.

Wes

---

Old July 15th 04, 09:55 PM
Larry Louks

"Wes Chormicle" spoke thusly:
The shop is
now being run by his father-in-law Bob (no coin experience, but a PHD and
university administrator), Chris 73 years young and a Morgan dollar nut,

and
**ME**.

All the best to you and the other good folks in this endeavor, Wes! I hope
that things go well for the business. It sounds like the community is one in
which blessings are abounding through the support and encouragement of the
inhabitants there.

We started going through the first bag
today..... Probably 25% of the quarters were from the 30's and 40's, and
about 25 Standing Libs. Some of these 1940's were in VF-XF and a couple

of
AU's. Can't wait to open a bag of halfs!

That does indeed sound like something wonderful to examine closely!

Larry

Old July 17th 04, 01:57 AM
Dave Welsh

I have always thought of St. George and Utah's Dixie as one of the REALLY
nice places ... and that nothing like this could ever happen there.

Dave Welsh
Classical Coins
www.classicalcoins.com

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old July 17th 04, 03:46 PM
JSTONE9352

I have always thought of St. George and Utah's Dixie as one of the REALLY
nice places ... and that nothing like this could ever happen there.

Well, that is what almost everyone
says when a murder or vicious
crime happens in what is considered a "nice" area (i.e. not
a big city).

A person in a wheelchair was
recently murdered here in Michigan
in what is considered an upper
class suburb with very nice homes.
Her body was found dumped along
the side of the road. On the local TV news residents of the area are
saying "we never thought
something like that could happen
here". It is practically a cliche
response.