$20 National Bank Note - Bradford, PA --value?

Old June 28th 05, 05:19 PM
A. Bergmann

Default $20 National Bank Note - Bradford, PA --value?

I have recently received a 1929 $20 national bank of Bradford, PA note
from my mother. The note originally belonged to my Grandmother who
lived there. I was wondering if anyone might know its value.

It is crisp, with a suggestion that it might have been folded in half at
some point. However, there is no obvious crease. There are no other
bends or wear. The number is A001724A and it is signed by Loveland and
Haggerty. The cut is slightly tilted.

Alice

Old July 2nd 05, 06:12 PM
stonej

Is the note from the Bradford National
Bank or the Commercial National Bank
of Bradford?

$20 notes from both banks are fairly
common at least by National Bank note
standards.

The reference book I have was published
in 1997 so it is quite out of date and the
market for national bank notes has been
very active in recent years.

In uncirculated or almost uncirculated
condition I'm going to put an estimate