Free stamp catalogue

Old December 27th 05, 11:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default Free stamp catalogue

Hi,

Can anybody tell me where to get free stamp ctalogue on internet. I
tried googling but wasn't able to get any good links. Is there websites
offering to see catalogue online for free.

I am interested in Europe catalogue or World catalogue having European
countries entry for period 1900 - 1950 era.

Please help me out.

Regards
Spinner

Old December 27th 05, 01:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

skrev i en meddelelse
ups.com...
Hi,

Can anybody tell me where to get free stamp ctalogue on internet. I
tried googling but wasn't able to get any good links. Is there websites
offering to see catalogue online for free.

I am interested in Europe catalogue or World catalogue having European
countries entry for period 1900 - 1950 era.

Please help me out.

Hi,
The possibly best resource is http://www.europeanstamps.net , located in
Belgium. They cover around 80% of all European stamps from the first issues
to 2000-2001. It is a *very* busy site, so should it be momentarily down,
please be patient and try again later.

For world wide issues from January 2002 you may find this site useful:
http://www.wnsstamps.ch/en/ with several search options.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Mette

Old December 27th 05, 03:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

In article . com,
wrote:
Hi,

Can anybody tell me where to get free stamp ctalogue on internet. I
tried googling but wasn't able to get any good links. Is there websites
offering to see catalogue online for free.

I am interested in Europe catalogue or World catalogue having European
countries entry for period 1900 - 1950 era.

Please help me out.

Check out http://www.allworldstamps.com/
This is a subscription service, but allows
limited access to those without a subscription.

--
= Eric Bustad, Norwegian Bachelor Programmer
Old December 28th 05, 10:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

european stamps.net has superb imaging ... many thanks

Old December 30th 05, 12:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"amesh" wrote in message
. ..
Addendum:
Please note that Eastern Europe is not covered by "europeanstamps.net".
Mette

Not covered are also many countries from Central Europe, like Germany (BRD
is covered), Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, ....
From Northern Europe, countries like Finland, Lithuania, etc. are missing
too.

If we add to this the missing Eastern European countries (Russia, Turkey,
....), then their claim "Find pictures of nearly 80% of all stamps ever
issued in Europe" cannot be true.

Apparently, they (like so many in Western Europe...) still live mentally in
the epoch of the Iron Curtain.

"Indeed the Central European states to the east of the Curtain were
frequently regarded as being part of Eastern Europe, rather than Central
Europe."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Curtain

--
Victor Manta

Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/

Old December 30th 05, 04:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"Victor Manta" skrev i en meddelelse
"amesh" wrote in message
. ..
Addendum:
Please note that Eastern Europe is not covered by "europeanstamps.net".
Mette

Not covered are also many countries from Central Europe, like Germany (BRD
is covered), Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, ....
From Northern Europe, countries like Finland, Lithuania, etc. are missing
too.

No, Finland is there.
Mette

Old December 30th 05, 05:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

In a recent message "Victor Manta" wrote:

"amesh" wrote in message
. ..
Addendum:
Please note that Eastern Europe is not covered by "europeanstamps.net".
Mette

Not covered are also many countries from Central Europe, like Germany (BRD
is covered), Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, ....
From Northern Europe, countries like Finland, Lithuania, etc. are missing
too.

If we add to this the missing Eastern European countries (Russia, Turkey,
...), then their claim "Find pictures of nearly 80% of all stamps ever
issued in Europe" cannot be true.

An attempt to view Italian stamps also ended in failure.

Apparently, they (like so many in Western Europe...) still live mentally in
the epoch of the Iron Curtain.

"Indeed the Central European states to the east of the Curtain were
frequently regarded as being part of Eastern Europe, rather than Central
Europe."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Curtain

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old December 30th 05, 08:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"Tony Clayton" skrev i en meddelelse
In a recent message "Victor Manta" wrote:

"amesh" wrote in message
. ..
Addendum:
Please note that Eastern Europe is not covered by "europeanstamps.net".
Mette

An attempt to view Italian stamps also ended in failure.

I have just seen all the Italian stamps I wanted, and while there I also
tried out Finland. It worked fine for me. And they are not in my cache!
Mette