Pickering 345-03D Cartridge for Seeburg M100C?

Old February 11th 06, 02:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Pickering 345-03D Cartridge for Seeburg M100C?

What are the odds of finding one of these for my jukebox? I can't
stand the poor sound anymore that I'm getting from my Seeburg redhead.

Old February 12th 06, 01:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

You will HAVE to change a resistor in your amp to use a 0D3 otherwise it
wont have any volume . I would not pay the 300 some $ they ask for these
they are not that great other than being a tiny bit better on records .

I borrowed a new 0D3 to see what it was all about and my Pickering gold
colored head blew it away in every way . The model # is gone from my
gold cartridge or i would post it .

Old February 12th 06, 02:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

I have not heard a 03D but agree with Ken on the gold cartridge. I put one
on my G model and was very impressed. It seems to enhance the high and low
end sound quality to me. You can find those on the eBay pretty easily and
MUCH cheaper than the coveted 03D. There are also purple ones out there but
I am not sure what their application was and how they might sound as a
redhead retrofit.

If you decide to go try the gold cartridge alternative you will need to also
get the very-hard-to-find adapter plug that will convert the four prong gold
cartridge to the two prong tonearm on your machine. An alternative to the
adapter is to upgrade to a later style tonearm.

Has anyone done the tonearm upgrade? I have a V and a VL I will be restoring
in the next year or so and might better entertain the tonearm upgrade than
the adapter since they are so hard to find.

Old February 14th 06, 03:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Adapter ? My gold cartridge plugged in the original arm direct but i
have a Seeburg G .
My cartridge shell is made of aluminum and takes the small L shaped
needles . I have seen this same cartridge in black also . Its the same
physical size as the red one .

It improved the sound by at least double lows and highs both

Old February 14th 06, 04:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

The one I am talking about looks similar to the 345-03D, has four prongs,
and is a stereo cartridge.

Looks like this one only mine has yellow needles

http://www.jukebox-parts.com/np/NOV291.JPG

Old February 14th 06, 02:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Interesting .. that looks like a good one .

Mine is way different and appears to be an old original or upgrade of
some type .
No one seems to know much about it . It says Pickering on it .
Replacement needles came on a cardboard piece with Seeburgs name on it
and included 2 little needle puller tools .
The needles are very small metal L shaped with no plastic on them at all
, they slip in a hole in the cartridge .. each side .

I stood here with an original red an O3D and this gold Pickering pluging
them into my G . The red head sounds ok but a bit mushy or distorted .
The O3D was very clear and clean but very flat and reduced my volume by
2/3 . The Gold one boosted everything .

The O3D is a very good cartridge if you change a resistor in the amps
input . It is known to be kinder to records than most any other
cartridge but you have to be willing to spend $$$ If you cherish your
records or have rare ones and you play them every day then O3D is the
thng to get
If you have average garage sale records or 70`s stuff then the other
cartridges are fine and save $$

Old February 15th 06, 02:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Ken - got a pic of your cartirdge? Your description of the needles suggest
they are similar to the newer cantilever style needles that can be purchased
for redheads.

Am just curious : )

MRT

Old May 11th 12, 07:09 AM
DaveK DaveK is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken G. View Post
You will HAVE to change a resistor in your amp to use a 0D3 otherwise it
wont have any volume . I would not pay the 300 some $ they ask for these
they are not that great other than being a tiny bit better on records .

I borrowed a new 0D3 to see what it was all about and my Pickering gold
colored head blew it away in every way . The model # is gone from my
gold cartridge or i would post it .
Where can I find some of these gold colored heads for the seeburg jukebox.