selling coins

Old July 22nd 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Marvin

Default selling coins

Since I'm not allowed on e-bay to sell my coins because I'm a web tv
user ... is there any other location on the internet where I can sell my
coins? I would be gratefull for anyones help.
Contact me at my e-mail address.

Marvin

Old July 22nd 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Ng

Marvin wrote:
Since I'm not allowed on e-bay to sell my coins because I'm a web tv
user ... is there any other location on the internet where I can sell my
coins? I would be gratefull for anyones help.
Contact me at my e-mail address.

Marvin

What do you have and we'll see if we're interested.

Mike
Old July 22nd 07, 09:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Jul 21, 6:31 pm, (Marvin) wrote:
Since I'm not allowed on e-bay to sell my coins because I'm a web tv
user ... is there any other location on the internet where I can sell my
coins? I would be gratefull for anyones help.
Contact me at my e-mail address.

Marvin

Not trying to be snarky, but people still use webtv?
I would be equally shocked if you told me you could still go down to
Western Union and watch them physically tip-tap out a telegram.

-beaumon

Old July 22nd 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Jul 21, 7:31 pm, (Marvin) wrote:
Since I'm not allowed on e-bay to sell my coins because I'm a web tv
user ... is there any other location on the internet where I can sell my
coins? I would be gratefull for anyones help.
Contact me at my e-mail address.

Marvin

I wasn't aware that eBay didn't allow WebTV users to sell.
I know I have purchased items from WebTV users in the past.
That being said, I didn't think anyone used WebTV anymore.

Old July 23rd 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sapphyre

On Jul 22, 11:44 am, Jon Purkey wrote:
Is the eBay/webtv block by IP address or email address? If it's by
email address, then just sign up for a paid email service for a couple
months so you can sell your coins. Even annually the paid email
services are not that expensive. I used to have one for about $13
annual. I'm assuming eBay blocks the free email services.

I think it's something to do with the actual service WebTV offers, not
the email address.

Here's an idea... go to the local library, sign on for Yahoo, and do
it that way. I'm not sure if all free email address are blocked, but I
have my eBay linked to a free email address. You have to provide a
credit card to do this though, but that's not a big deal, you need to
do that to become a seller anyway.

S.

Old July 24th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 23:25:30 -0700, Sapphyre wrote:
On Jul 22, 11:44 am, Jon Purkey wrote:
Is the eBay/webtv block by IP address or email address? If it's by
email address, then just sign up for a paid email service for a couple
months so you can sell your coins. Even annually the paid email
services are not that expensive. I used to have one for about $13
annual. I'm assuming eBay blocks the free email services.

I think it's something to do with the actual service WebTV offers, not
the email address.

Some browsers aren't set up for encryption that's sufficient for the
task. Maybe WebTV is one of 'em. Or maybe it doesn't support
javascript. Hard to say, but it's not that eBay doesn't allow it, it's
that WebTV doesn't support it. Any ire is better directed at WebTV,
rather than eBay. The web has standards, every other ISP doesn't lock
people away from them - even AOL'ers can get to eBay.

Old July 24th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
P T

When people contact sites such as ebay they are often told that webtv
hardware / software is incompatible with the site, and some people take
this as a personal rejection, when it's really just a matter of the
internet changing, while webtv stays the same.

The firewalled webtv newsgroups are filled with complaints by people who
can't access their ebay, paypal, hotmail. and yahoo accounts, and find
more and more websites simply won't load. Many like to blame the web
sites. There are also some remarkable work arounds, using phonifier.com,
skweezer.com or alternate log in addresses.

Webtv does all it can to encourage people to give it up. They have
released a newer product to mixed reviews. They also provide an
incentive to switch to a computer: If you get a computer, they lower
the $25 monthly webtv fee to $16 AND throw in free dial up MSN isp.
http://community-2.webtv.net/saurkraut/PC_4_Me/
Unfortunately, many webbers are elderly and/or people who have no
experience with a computer and are reluctant to make the transition.

Pete

webtv plus
-and-
amd AthlonXP+2000, WindowsXP, 40gb hd, 768mb sdram

Selling: Captain Cook 200th Anniversary (Matthey Garrett Certificate) Coins + Other Coins & Stamps zenxez Coins 0 February 3rd 07 05:45 AM
Selling coins eb Coins 4 October 17th 06 02:07 PM
Selling Coins researcher Coins 0 January 20th 05 12:37 AM
Selling Coins Lyric Coins 13 January 19th 05 01:56 AM
selling coins merlin brinckman Coins 2 December 31st 04 07:24 PM