Incandescent Light Bulb Ban Pushed Back

Old December 21st 11, 10:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Robin Sisler

Default Incandescent Light Bulb Ban Pushed Back

This is great news! More time to hoard!

http://www.ecogeek.org/component/content/article/3663

http://www.facebook.com/Numismatist
Old December 21st 11, 11:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
CoolBreeze[_2_]

The enviomentalists are just shills for Al Gore's millions. These light
bulbs dont even last as long as regular bulbs and cost $25.

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a
desk."
Ronald Reagan

"Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by
vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough
emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

On top of that you have other natural emissions. Forest fires, most from
lightening, volcanic activity both above and below ground and oceans around
the world, natural disasters,(earth quakes kick up poisons) and dust from
space, and meteors and more.

So what do they want you to do? Go out and buy Omamma contributer GE
produced mercury laced light bulbs. destroy "clunkers" and buy goverment
produced cars. Legalized robbery. it's a massive redistribution of wealth.

Old December 21st 11, 03:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Jerry Dennis

"Robin Sisler" and "CoolBreeze" wrote a bunch of drival.

And what about our coinage? Does anyone else remember irradiated
dimes? It was horrible! Those poor dimes were subjected to intense
radiation, then released into circulation! Oh, the humanity!

Jerry
Old December 21st 11, 04:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
Jerry Dennis wrote:
"Robin Sisler" and "CoolBreeze" wrote a bunch of drival.

And what about our coinage? Does anyone else remember irradiated
dimes? It was horrible! Those poor dimes were subjected to intense
radiation, then released into circulation! Oh, the humanity!

What, exactly, were they exposed to? If they were bombarded with
neutrons, releasing them into circulation without testing them
first would be very irresponsible.

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."
Old December 21st 11, 04:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
CoolBreeze wrote:
The enviomentalists are just shills for Al Gore's millions. These light
bulbs dont even last as long as regular bulbs and cost $25.

You need to find a better store; I pay a fraction of that,
and I haven't had to replace any since I switched the current apartment
over. (Before that, I was replacing incandescents pretty frequently.)

"Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by
vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough
emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

Are you actually quoting that non-ironically?

Old December 21st 11, 04:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Rick O

Just seems unbelievable that such a ban would be accepted by the public... I
am amazed that a groundswell of outrage did not simply cause this to die
long ago.

Old December 21st 11, 05:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Bill Jones

"Robin Sisler" wrote in news:jcsade$33p$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

This is great news! More time to hoard!

http://www.ecogeek.org/component/content/article/3663

http://www.facebook.com/Numismatist

The incandescent light bulb ban is one more example of governmental
arrogance. Consumers should have the choice as what kind of light bulbs
they can use.
Old December 21st 11, 05:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Chris Clinkinbeard

"CoolBreeze" wrote in message
The enviomentalists are just shills for Al Gore's millions. These light
bulbs dont even last as long as regular bulbs and cost $25.

Unfortunately, the last facility manufacturing these bulbs ceased operating
last year in anticipation of the coming ban. Hopefully they can get "back up
and running" if it is not cost prohibitive.

Yes, once again, the idiots in Washington, D.C., with the help of their
environmental terrorist group, the E.P.A. has made us less free. I'll stop
now before I go on a REALLY long rant about the state of leadership in this
country

Old December 21st 11, 06:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Benveniste

http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/m...toes/dimes.htm

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles
Old December 21st 11, 07:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Mike Benveniste" wrote in message
On 12/21/2011 10:08 AM, Paul Ciszek wrote:

What, exactly, were they exposed to? If they were bombarded with
neutrons, releasing them into circulation without testing them
first would be very irresponsible.

http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/m...toes/dimes.htm

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles
everything. Some think it is the voice of God. -- Mark Twain

I remember seeing the irradiated dimes at the 1964 World's Fair in NY. I
may have gotten one, but if I did it's gotten lost somewhere along the way.

I don't recall that the extremely short half-life was explained. Most
potential customers might have just walked away if they had known that the
"specialness" of their coin would be virtually gone in the next few
minutes.