8-Track Thursday now available in WINDOWS MEDIA from WQMA!

Old September 28th 05, 02:46 PM
Jason K

Default 8-Track Thursday now available in WINDOWS MEDIA from WQMA!

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that this week we'll be having another
"8-Track Thursday" during the Jason and Jennifer In the Afternoon
radio show from 1 to 4 in the afternoon.

This will be the first 8-Track Thursday available in both our original
CD quality broadband mp3PRO Streamer stream PLUS the all new Windows
Media stream available at http://www.q1520radio.com

Now EVERYONE can listen.

We'll be playing 8-tracks you've donated, plus songs from our
collection. We'll also have a review of the new DVD "So Wrong They're
Right" and more DVD's to give away.

We guarantee that we'll play at least one song from every 8-track tape
that you donate to the show. If you have some extra 8-tracks, we'd
appreciate you sending them our way. Donations make the show much more
interesting - it's great to hear the variety. If you have a business
that we can plug and promote in exchange for the donation, we'll do
that too.

WQMA
1820 West Marks Road
Marks, MS 38646

If you appreciate the Windows Media stream, we'd also appreciate it if
you could signup for one of the free offers at our website. We have
information there on how you can get a free iPod, a free Mini Mac, or
a free PC computer. Again, it's http://www.q1520radio.com

Hope to have you listening...

Jason
Old September 28th 05, 05:19 PM
8 tracker from hell

Jason K wrote:

[...]

Well, i see that your station decided to do a boneheaded thing & make the
stream only available to windows users. shame on your station.
you know, i wouldn't of minded making a monthly contribution just to listen
to that show, but your station decided to use *******ised, non standards
complient streaming, locking out people who use other platforms.
--
i have an 8 track mind

My other computer is your XP box.
Old September 28th 05, 05:23 PM
8 tracker from hell

Jason K wrote:

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that this week we'll be having another
"8-Track Thursday" during the Jason and Jennifer In the Afternoon
radio show from 1 to 4 in the afternoon.

This will be the first 8-Track Thursday available in both our original
CD quality broadband mp3PRO Streamer stream PLUS the all new Windows
Media stream available at http://www.q1520radio.com

Now EVERYONE can listen.

what ever gave you that idea?
windows media is microsoft specific.

Hope to have you listening...

i wish i could, but i am not going to install windows to do it.

Old September 28th 05, 11:07 PM
66FOURDOOR

great info Jason !

ignore the "tracker from hell" troll- he's a foreigner who snuck over
the Canadian border without a greencard, and also a hacker- lock him
out !

other than that- great show !

I WILL be listening again- tomorrow !

Old September 29th 05, 08:46 PM
Jason K

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:23:56 -0400, 8 tracker from hell
wrote:

what ever gave you that idea?
windows media is microsoft specific.

We ARE getting mail from Macintosh users for the first time ever!!.
This is NOT Windows specific anymore! We now have two separate
platforms for you to listen on.

If there is still someone with a computer that can't pick up our
station, we will sell you a computer that receives it for $199...
we'll start providing details for this offer on our webpage.

Jason
Old September 30th 05, 12:32 AM
8 tracker from hell

wrote:

what ever gave you that idea?
windows media is microsoft specific.

We ARE getting mail from Macintosh users for the first time ever!!.
This is NOT Windows specific anymore! We now have two separate
platforms for you to listen on.

in regards to the Macintosh, microsoft always had the windows media player
available for that platform, considering microsoft owned a substantial
amount of stock in apple computer. at one time, they had controlling
interest in that corporation.
believe it or not, microsoft & apple are not the only two popular OS's out
here. there are other OS's that are far superior to both of those & they
are free as in beer & free as in no incumberances with legally questionable
licenses.
have you ever heard of open source? linux? unix? freebsd?

If there is still someone with a computer that can't pick up our
station, we will sell you a computer that receives it for $199...
we'll start providing details for this offer on our webpage.

Jason

thanx, but no, i will never use windows to access the internet with. windows
is the biggest consumer rip-off ever. hell, windows was tried & convicted
in federal court for illegal monopolistic practices.

like i said in a earlier post, if you want to stream audio, USE STANDARDS
COMPLIENT streaming solutions. WINDOWS MEDIA IS NOT STANDARDS COMPLIENT.
MP3, MP3PRO, ogg-vorbis, & Realaudio are standards complient because they
are cross platform

here are a couple of very good links that you should read. keep this in
mind, there are over a million linux users all over the world & the numbers
are growing bigger every day. governments like peru & africa & china are
passing laws to eliminate closed source software like microsoft windows &
using open source on all government machines.

http://www.msversus.org/

Old September 30th 05, 02:19 AM
8 tracker from hell

wrote:

what ever gave you that idea?
windows media is microsoft specific.

We ARE getting mail from Macintosh users for the first time ever!!.
This is NOT Windows specific anymore! We now have two separate
platforms for you to listen on.

in regards to the Macintosh, microsoft always had the windows media player
available for that platform, considering microsoft owned a substantial
amount of stock in apple computer. at one time, they had controlling
interest in that corporation.
believe it or not, microsoft & apple are not the only two popular OS's out
here. there are other OS's that are far superior to both of those & they
are free as in beer & free as in no incumberances with legally
questionable licenses.
have you ever heard of open source? linux? unix? freebsd?
there are more linux users than macintosh.

If there is still someone with a computer that can't pick up our
station, we will sell you a computer that receives it for $199...
we'll start providing details for this offer on our webpage.

Jason

thanx, but no thanx, i will never use windows to access the internet with.
windows is the biggest consumer rip-off ever. hell, Microsoft was tried &
convicted in federal court for illegal monopolistic practices.

like i said in a earlier post, if you want to stream audio, USE STANDARDS
COMPLIENT streaming solutions. WINDOWS MEDIA IS NOT STANDARDS COMPLIENT.
MP3, MP3PRO, ogg-vorbis, & Realaudio are standards complient because they
are cross platform

here are a couple of very good links that you should read. keep this in
mind, there are over a million linux users all over the world & the
numbers are growing bigger every day. governments like peru & africa &
china are passing laws to eliminate closed source software like microsoft
windows & using open source on all government machines.

http://www.msversus.org/

one more thing i need to point out. the problem with your stream service
requires the specific use of the active-x components of windows media
player. the concept of using the pop up "radio tuner" window breaks the use
of wma streams in linux because of the "tuner" window. if you would have
provided the raw link to the stream on your website, linux users then would
be able to listen.

Old September 30th 05, 05:37 AM
Jason K

On 28 Sep 2005 15:07:15 -0700, "66FOURDOOR"
wrote:

great info Jason !

ignore the "tracker from hell" troll- he's a foreigner who snuck over
the Canadian border without a greencard, and also a hacker- lock him
out !

other than that- great show !

I WILL be listening again- tomorrow !

Hope you were able to catch us. One note if you didn't since we
already mentioned it on-air: We finally have a link to your auctions
on our page at the station website. We've been telling listeners to
just click the picture of Jason and Jennifer at the page, then follow
the link there under webpages that we talk about on the show. Much
easier than sending them to eBay and having them search for you.
(Someone called us and had all kinds of trouble doing that.)

Jason
Old September 30th 05, 05:44 AM
Jason K

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:19:13 -0400, 8 tracker from hell
wrote:

one more thing i need to point out. the problem with your stream service
requires the specific use of the active-x components of windows media
player. the concept of using the pop up "radio tuner" window breaks the use
of wma streams in linux because of the "tuner" window. if you would have
provided the raw link to the stream on your website, linux users then would
be able to listen.

We have contracted a service provider to serve the Windows Media
stream. The Streamer mp3PRO stream is done in-house.

I'll forward your comments to them and see if we can make the station
available to Linux users.

Jason
Old September 30th 05, 12:21 PM
yodedude2

Open letter to Jason:

Be aware that you have become a party to fraud. Be advised that the
alignment tape listed is not an original Audiotex alignment tape but
rather a homemade dubbed copy. Nor will it be the item pictured.
later, ron

Jason K wrote:
On 28 Sep 2005 15:07:15 -0700, "66FOURDOOR"

great info Jason !