New Christian bookstore

Old May 9th 05, 02:58 AM

Default New Christian bookstore

I've just opened a new Christian bookstore. I've only got a few titles
currently listed on the page but have several thousand more titles.
Please check me out, click the links on the right, buy some books or
music and email me any suggestions/ additions/improvements! The page
is at:

http://www.forministry.com/USFLAOGODCCCCC

Old May 9th 05, 03:27 AM
John Pelan

On 8 May 2005 18:58:50 -0700, wrote:

I've just opened a new Christian bookstore. I've only got a few titles
currently listed on the page but have several thousand more titles.
Please check me out, click the links on the right, buy some books or
music and email me any suggestions/ additions/improvements! The page
is at:

http://www.forministry.com/USFLAOGODCCCCC

Don't you know that spamming is a sin? The Devil is going to drag you
down to Hell and imps will poke you with red-hot pitchforks until the
end of time. You should have read the FAQ...

Sadly,

John
Old May 9th 05, 02:04 PM
The People's Poet

Urko:

You are a screaming hypocrite. Only a few days ago, you urged a spammer
in this very group to email you direct because he just so happened to
have some books that you might have been interested in. Now you are
arrogantly adopting the role of group policeman (what do the
psychologists say about those who have always been the bossed-about and
never the boss?).

Furthermore, you are always plugging M House product and your
fraudulent Ebay auctions on newsnet. Clearly you are a hypocrite and a
liar.

Old May 9th 05, 06:14 PM
John Pelan

On 9 May 2005 06:04:18 -0700, "The People's Poet"
wrote:

Urko:

You are a screaming hypocrite. Only a few days ago, you urged a spammer
in this very group to email you direct because he just so happened to
have some books that you might have been interested in.
Now you are arrogantly adopting the role of group policeman (what do the
psychologists say about those who have always been the bossed-about and
never the boss?).

Furthermore, you are always plugging M House product and your
fraudulent Ebay auctions on newsnet. Clearly you are a hypocrite and a
liar.

**** off, you stupid toad. If you are too thick to recognize the
difference between an invitation to continue a discussion which would
be OT elsewhere and spam, then you are too stupid to be posting here,
(or anywhere else). Now go back to your trolling in your comedy group.
No one here wants any of your rubbish.

Care to answer the following:

Were you not chastised for offering non-existent books for sale on
ABE?
Were you not hauled into court for attempting to defraud the World
Fantasy Convention?
Did you not attempt to pass off some of your ghastly prose as being
authored by Sax Rohmer?
Were you not chastised recently for theft of intellectual property?
Are you not banned from the largest discussion group devoted to weird
fiction on Yahoo?
Did not your only publisher sever all ties with you because of your
questionable practices?
Did you not lie to your customers, claiming a notch-bound book
was Smythe-sewn?
Did you not attempt to bribe editors to publish your fiction?
Are you not a dismal failure at bookselling, writing, editing, &
publishing?
Are you a bitter little talentless ******* howling for attention?

I'll save you the trouble, the answer to all these questions is "Yes!"

Good day,

John

Old May 9th 05, 09:39 PM
The People's Poet

The big fat ape otherwise known as Urko screeched:

**** off, you stupid toad. If you are too thick to recognize the
difference between an invitation to continue a discussion which would
be OT elsewhere and spam, then you are too stupid to be posting here,
(or anywhere else). Now go back to your trolling in your comedy

group.
No one here wants any of your rubbish.

Ooh, get a load of her!

Care to answer the following:

Yessir Mr Urko sir! Pro-visional upon you answering my questions below
sir!

Were you not chastised for offering non-existent books for sale on
ABE?

Well, they asked me to remove a hoax book that never existed which
spoofed your Seattle crony Sourman. That is, after you or Sourman
complained to them.

Were you not hauled into court for attempting to defraud the World
Fantasy Convention?

Nope. I did go to court, but there was no deception involved.

I very pointedly told your crony pal Steve Jones to
---------------------- (words deleted as they breach censorship
etiquette) after attending a really crappy fantasy convention that he
screwed up. I stopped my cheque to him for a lousy =A350 and made him
spend a whole day - plus travel costs - attending court in Reading just
to recoup his =A350.

Thus I accord it a stunning victory. He wasted my time (and a great
many shafted fans), and I avenged myself by wasting his time.

Oh, and let's not forget to inform folks that the BFS's own founder
himself damningly criticised the very same convention for precisely the
same reasons I did............but don't take my word for it. See the
evidence yourself:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...4252c0b?hl=3D=
en

Did you not attempt to pass off some of your ghastly prose as being
authored by Sax Rohmer?

No. Only an ignorant ape like you would believe that I did. I merely
authored an amusing Rohmer homage. Anyone with any genre knowledge
would instantly intuit it to be humorous, so obvious are the in-jokes.

I recall you said the Rohmer Estate would be'..hauling my sorry ass
into court you ****ing croaking toad ******* sonofabitch' or some such
wild nonense.

Still waiting.............!

Were you not chastised recently for theft of intellectual property?

Your own crony organistion threw a hissing fit because I quoted a
Campbell review on my website? (A review of my own booklet I might
add). You call that 'theft?'

Hey - no wonder you're parents sent you into the tyre-fitting game if
that's your feeble grasp of law. And no way can Cambbell's risible
piece be deemed faintly 'intellectual'.

Are you not banned from the largest discussion group devoted to weird
fiction on Yahoo?

The one you own and have populated with sock puppets?

Did not your only publisher sever all ties with you because of your
questionable practices?

Not 'only', but 'one'. And no, he didn't. He threw a hissing fit after
jumping to the wrong conclusions, after being 'got at' by the likes of
your small press Onanists.

Did you not lie to your customers, claiming a notch-bound book
was Smythe-sewn?

No. As both author and printer were prepared to state had I wished to
sue you.

We both know that you screwed up here. You are still trying to savage
Reggie's book because I published it, whereas you are forced to reprint
sadistic masturbationary horror crap which is out of copyright.

Did you not attempt to bribe editors to publish your fiction?

Again, nope.

Are you not a dismal failure at bookselling, writing, editing, &
publishing?

You tell me. You seem to be best authority on everything, from gay male
wrestling to sleazy Ebay auctions.

Are you a bitter little talentless ******* howling for attention?

You tell me. You're the one who seems to be expressing much bitterness.

I'll save you the trouble, the answer to all these questions is

"Yes!"

Good day,

John

1=2E Do you have any children?
2=2E Why do you look down very disparagingly upon those adults who stay
home to bring up children?
3=2E Which short story did you sell film rights to, and what production
company will be adapting it into film?
4=2E Why did you lie about owning shares in ISOMEDIA?
5=2E Why do you deny having links to malicious sock puppets whilst
boasting of links to those same sock puppets?
6=2E If you're so busy and so successful, why do you spend hours every
day on internet wars?
7=2E If you are moving to a bigger house, why have you been frantically
downsizing your book and letter collection whilst claiming you need to
free up space?
8=2E Why are you so profanely abusive?
9=2E What's with the interest in male wrestling?
10. And sadistic horror fiction?
11. Is there something - some dark, disturbing thing - that you're not
telling us?

That'll do for starters.=20

CB

Old May 9th 05, 10:04 PM
John Pelan

On 9 May 2005 13:39:38 -0700, "The People's Poet"
wrote:

The big fat ape otherwise known as Urko screeched:

**** off, you stupid toad. If you are too thick to recognize the
difference between an invitation to continue a discussion which would
be OT elsewhere and spam, then you are too stupid to be posting here,
(or anywhere else). Now go back to your trolling in your comedy

group.
No one here wants any of your rubbish.

Ooh, get a load of her!

Care to answer the following:

Yessir Mr Urko sir! Pro-visional upon you answering my questions below
sir!

Were you not chastised for offering non-existent books for sale on
ABE?

Well, they asked me to remove a hoax book that never existed which
spoofed your Seattle crony Sourman. That is, after you or Sourman
complained to them.

No one in Washington state complained to ABE. Try again.

Were you not hauled into court for attempting to defraud the World
Fantasy Convention?

Nope. I did go to court, but there was no deception involved.

I very pointedly told your crony pal Steve Jones to
---------------------- (words deleted as they breach censorship
etiquette) after attending a really crappy fantasy convention that he
screwed up. I stopped my cheque to him for a lousy £50 and made him
spend a whole day - plus travel costs - attending court in Reading just
to recoup his £50.

Thus I accord it a stunning victory. He wasted my time (and a great
many shafted fans), and I avenged myself by wasting his time.

In other words you were guilty of attempts to defraud.

Did you not attempt to pass off some of your ghastly prose as being
authored by Sax Rohmer?

No. Only an ignorant ape like you would believe that I did. I merely
authored an amusing Rohmer homage. Anyone with any genre knowledge
would instantly intuit it to be humorous, so obvious are the in-jokes.

Quite, yet you attempted to pass it off as unpublished Rohmer, until
people pointed out what an amateurish piece of drivel it was. At that
point you tried to save face by pronouncing it a parody.

I recall you said the Rohmer Estate would be'..hauling my sorry ass
into court you ****ing croaking toad ******* sonofabitch' or some such
wild nonense.

Still waiting.............!

As most have realized, you have nothing worth suing over.

Were you not chastised recently for theft of intellectual property?

Your own crony organistion threw a hissing fit because I quoted a
Campbell review on my website? (A review of my own booklet I might
add). You call that 'theft?'

Yes.

Are you not banned from the largest discussion group devoted to weird
fiction on Yahoo?

The one you own and have populated with sock puppets?

Nope, no sockpuppets there, (at least not since we tossed your sorry
ass out the door).

Did not your only publisher sever all ties with you because of your
questionable practices?

Not 'only', but 'one'. And no, he didn't. He threw a hissing fit after
jumping to the wrong conclusions, after being 'got at' by the likes of
your small press Onanists.

Well yes, but then not counting yourself, you have (had) only one
publisher.

Did you not lie to your customers, claiming a notch-bound book
was Smythe-sewn?

No. As both author and printer were prepared to state had I wished to
sue you.

Bring it on ****wit, I saved screen shots of your page proving your
lies. You posted your correction only after some concerned parties
corrected you.

We both know that you screwed up here. You are still trying to savage
Reggie's book because I published it, whereas you are forced to reprint
sadistic masturbationary horror crap which is out of copyright.

No, we pay our authors, rather than having them subsidize printing
bills. Just as booksellers pay us to carry our stock as opposed to
accepting bribes in order to carry your pamphlets.

Did you not attempt to bribe editors to publish your fiction?

Again, nope.

Sorry, Google is not your friend here.

Are you not a dismal failure at bookselling, writing, editing, &
publishing?

You tell me. You seem to be best authority on everything, from gay male
wrestling to sleazy Ebay auctions.

I would be happy to commend some of the many articles I've written on
wrestling to you. You might also enjoy some of my essays on baseball.

Are you a bitter little talentless ******* howling for attention?

You tell me. You're the one who seems to be expressing much bitterness.

Not at all, Hoppy. I'm taking a short break here to have a big laugh
at you.

I'll save you the trouble, the answer to all these questions is

"Yes!"

Good day,

John

1. Do you have any children?

Yes.
2. Why do you look down very disparagingly upon those adults who stay
home to bring up children?

I don't. I look down at you because you are an utter waste.

3. Which short story did you sell film rights to, and what production
company will be adapting it into film?

I've actually had several piece optioned. Which one would you like to
know about? Will you be attending the premiere?

4. Why did you lie about owning shares in ISOMEDIA?

I didn't. I made a hyperbolic to get your goat and it worked
splendidly.

5. Why do you deny having links to malicious sock puppets whilst
boasting of links to those same sock puppets?

I don't. I commented upon a factual matter; namely that an alias had
been distributed far and wide.

6. If you're so busy and so successful, why do you spend hours every
day on internet wars?

This took about a minute, thanks.

7. If you are moving to a bigger house, why have you been frantically
downsizing your book and letter collection whilst claiming you need to
free up space?

Because I'm using more space to display things that previously were in
boxes.

8. Why are you so profanely abusive?

I'm not, I'm unfailingly to polite to almost everyone.

9. What's with the interest in male wrestling?

I like women's wrestling to. Again, may I commend some of my articles
on the subject to you?

10. And sadistic horror fiction?

Sorry, I don't speak Toad... What are you croaking about?

11. Is there something - some dark, disturbing thing - that you're not
telling us?

Yes, I'm building a death ray on top of Mt. Shasta. Guess where it's
aimed?

That'll do for starters.

Carry on, I'm afraid I have to get back to work now.

Good day,

John

Old May 9th 05, 11:20 PM
John Pelan

On 9 May 2005 14:05:40 -0700, "The People's Poet"
wrote:

2001-05-24 Chris Barker / Haunted River reveals:

"Before I slid into this genre I was starting up on a career of
comedy script-writing."

2004-01-22 Chris Barker / Haunted River taunts:
"It isn't xenophobic to be anti-American, it's just good manners."

2004-01-21 Chris Barker / Haunted River admits:
"I've never once been to America."

2003-06-19 Chris Barker / Haunted River confesses:
"I make no claim to be a publisher, writer, or editor."

2001-05-28 Chris Barker / Haunted River advises:
"'Think before you type' might be a wise idiom for you to adopt."

2003-11-12 Chris Barker / Haunted River further confesses:
"I'm not a great fan of concrete logic. I prefer to explore the
fringes of the unknown."

2004-01-25 Chris Barker / Haunted River criticises another poster:
"Your comments are illogical."

2004-02-19 Chris Barker / Haunted River sees mental illness all
around:
"Not only are you mentally deranged..."

2004-01-30 Chris Barker / Haunted River confesses his lack of
knowledge about mental illness:
"I wouldn't dare to presume knowing much about mental illness"

2004-02-17 Chris Barker / Haunted River melodramatically muses:
"Is it just me, or does your obsession with control-freakery,
enforced doctrine and history re-writing mirror the Stalinist
purges?"

2004-01-24 Chris Barker / Haunted River wonders:
"Why do you always have to be so bloody melodramatic?"

2003-02-26 Chris Barker / Haunted River approves of invective:
"I support the use of invective against oneself, or indeed a
combatant"

2004-01-25 Chris Barker / Haunted River disapproves of invective:
"These people manage to air their views without drenching all
comments in overheated invective & unpleasant profanity."

2004-01-30 Chris Barker / Haunted River practises invective:
""Posting handle" my foot. May I respectfully suggest you insert
posting handle into your rear passage"

2004-02-09 Chris Barker / Haunted River abuses:
"You sad, childless, ignorant pervert."

2004-01-29 Chris Barker / Haunted River claims:
"No one can seriously accuse me of being abusive."

2004-02-04 Chris Barker / Haunted River diagnoses psychotic
behaviour:
"I use different names on places like Ebay to escape the obsessive
and deranged attentions of a raving psychotic like you."

2004-02-04 Chris Barker / Haunted River claims he is normal:
"normal people like me..."

2004-03-02 Chris Barker / Haunted River claims higher knowledge:
"I say things because I *know* them to be true."

2004-02-02 Chris Barker / Haunted River divulges:
"I can confirm that I only reveal my real name to someone I know or
trust."

2004-01-29 Chris Barker / Haunted River warns:
"Seriously, do not believe in anyone who's existence cannot be
independently validated."

2001-05-24 Chris Barker / Haunted River on paranoia:
"Please be assured that I am not overly paranoid, despite what the
entire population of the UK say (though those *******s won't dare
say it to my face....!)."

2004-02-18 Chris Barker / Haunted River claims:
"If it wasn't for me, abgf, the M.R. James Newsletter, Horrabin Hall,
Haunted Bookshelf and All Hallows would be quieter and emptier
places."

2004-03-02 Chris Barker / Haunted River gives his opinion of
alt.books.ghost-fiction members:
"Most of you are vicious snakes. And I don't trust snakes."

2004-01-22 Chris Barker / Haunted River berates us all:
"Jesus, you people are sick, sick, sick. No wonder the internet's
going down the pan."

Old May 10th 05, 06:12 PM
The People's Poet

CB said:

4. Why did you lie about owning shares in ISOMEDIA?

Pelan replied:

I didn't. I made a hyperbolic to get your goat and it worked
splendidly.

According to any dictionary, as if one need be referenced, a hyperbole
is meant to be a rhetorical statement which is extravagant and
obviously exaggerated. By no stretch of the imagination could your
claim to own stocks in ISOMEDIA be deemed that; indeed, you
calculatingly contrived your claim to possess an aura of authenticity,
because you wanted to deter me from complaining to ISOMEDIA about your
abusive internet practises.

But let's assume for the sake of argument that it was a 'hyperbolic'.
Please address these issues:

1) Why didn't the Legal Counsel at ISOMEDIA believe your comments to be
hyperbolic? He telephoned you at home and emailed you to stop making
false claims, and on two other occasions, he categorically accused you
of making false claims. Clearly ISOMEDIA believed you lied rather than
'made a hyperbolic'.

2) If you were just making 'a hyperbolic', why didn't you own up to
this one year ago? Why string things out until the very point where you
were coincidentally proven to have made a false claim by several third
parties before admitting to the 'hyperbolic?'

3) Kevin L O'Brien first claimed that he had received emails from
ISOMEDIA which allegedly cleared you of having made false claims. He
then claimed that he had not in fact received these emails when the
Legal Counsel denied ever having heard from him, and said that you had
received them. However, the Legal Counsel also denies this. Now that
you and O'Brien are owning up to the original false claim, by trying to
dismiss it as ' a hyperbolic', what about these alleged emails that
O'Brien claims one of you received? Are these also false claims, or
were they also 'hyperbolics?'

4) Just for clarity sake, please would you tell us what the precise
difference between a lie and a rhetorical statement is?

TTFN,

CB

Old May 11th 05, 01:57 AM
Gnome De Plume

The People's Poet wrote:

CB said:

[...]

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT
UP!SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT
[...]
UP! SHUT UP YOU CROSSPOSTING ASSHAT!

What is your major psychological defect that you can't see that these
damned stupid 'Pelan' posts are assinine!!!?

Apologies to the group for loosing it...

--

I can not beleive you don't sut up. Apu mode

Hans Christian Andersen stamps 2005 TC Blair General Discussion 2 April 26th 05 04:47 PM
Think Ink! -- article from the Christian Science Monitor Norman Haase Pens & Pencils 7 September 24th 04 08:12 AM
Brown & Connolly Medical Bookstore Don Saklad Books 0 February 15th 04 06:11 AM
Buying a Bookstore? John Pelan Books 18 January 16th 04 04:32 AM
Pocket Watch Question - Christian Bernard slider9499 General 0 July 12th 03 02:01 PM