Free Stamp Collecting Group & Resource List - Join Us!

Old January 9th 05, 11:50 PM
Jeff Walker

Default Free Stamp Collecting Group & Resource List - Join Us!

Buying, Selling and Trading stamps can become an obsession with us as
collectors.
Sometimes we get so preoccupied "filling holes" in our album we forget about
the
fundamentals - like LOOKING at our stamps, and appreciating the art and
history they
represent. Another big aspect that we often neglect is OTHER COLLECTORS, and
the
experience and perspectives that they can bring to our collecting fun.

It is for this reason that I have added two major features to my website.

First is a "Resouces" tab, that includes, what I consider, some of the very
best educational
philatelic sites that I have personally found on the web. Topics range from
British Commonwealth
stamps to worldwide articles, online stamp exhibits and technical
discussions of a detailed
nature. Many people have spent many exhausting hours creating these pages
for us, and learning
what they have to share will make us all better collectors. If you were to
spend time reading every
article in detail, you would spend years digesting the information, it is so
immense.

Secondly, I have a "Blog" tab, this brings you to a special discussion group
I have created for collectors
of British and British Commonwealth Stamps. This discussion group is open to
all collectors who have an
interest. The topics are not limited and can consist of anything that
relates to the subject of these
stamps or any collecting question you may have. Think of it as a chat group,
where the questions can be
posted and responses can be given at some later date. My main purpose for
creating this site is to
build relationships between collectors and gain new perspectives on
collecting and stamps. Getting feedback
from other collectors can make us (and our collections) better. The human
aspect of collecting cannot
be emphasized enough.

My website is www.StampNut.com. The two tabs are at the top of the menu, one
is "Resources", the other "Blog".

It is true that I am a dealer, but this isn't about buying and selling. This
is about enjoying collecting and
learning from each other. It is my sincere desire to meet you and visit with
you in the discussion group, I
will make you feel most welcome.

Please come visit today!