Warning on fake eBay coins

Old August 29th 11, 03:54 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

Default Warning on fake eBay coins

In article , "Bremick"
wrote:

"Al's Coins" wrote in message
IMHO, this is a hoax meesage, I think that eBay doing away with coin sales
is probably the best thing that could happen to us. Then all the small
coin sellers (me included) who are struggling away & putting up with their
nonsense would have to migrate somewhere else. And hopefully someone with
an ounce of brains would pick up the slack & provide us with the kind of
selling platform that we need.

Al's Coins

How did you operate before eBay?

Dunno about Al, but it was a lot harder for me back then ...

Keeping up a mailing list, printing up catalogs, mailing
them (bulk rate permit at one time ... over 1,000 customers
on my souvenir card price list alone), advertising heavily,
traveling to shows almost every weekend ... it wuz both
very expensive and quite exhausting.

Now, I can sell stuff on eBay whilst sitting in my office
in my bathrobe, and at a fraction of the expense. (Of course,
selling stuff via my website is even cheaper, but eBay is
still my second most cost-effective selling venue ...).

To paraphrase Chico Esquela, "eBay been berry, berry guud
to me!".

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com
Old August 29th 11, 04:05 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Ken Barr" wrote in message
In article , "Bremick"
wrote:

"Al's Coins" wrote in message
[...]

That's sort of what I was implying to Al.

Old August 29th 11, 04:45 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Pogonip[_2_]

On 8/28/2011 6:25 PM, Al's Coins wrote:
IMHO, this is a hoax meesage, I think that eBay doing away with coin sales
is probably the best thing that could happen to us. Then all the small coin
sellers (me included) who are struggling away& putting up with their
nonsense would have to migrate somewhere else. And hopefully someone with
an ounce of brains would pick up the slack& provide us with the kind of
selling platform that we need.

Al's Coins

Well, if you want to know what eBay has announced, where better to go
than to a newsgroup? You certainly wouldn't want to look at eBay's
Announcement Board, would you? Didn't think so.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old August 30th 11, 02:20 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 15:12:49 -0500, the renowned "Jonathan Kern"
wrote:

This is untrue. Why are you harming our hobby and the eBay community by
spreading false information? This newsgroup is supposed to help people.

The newsgroup does help people. It's the posters who are the problem.

Old August 30th 11, 04:10 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , Ken Barr wrote:
In article , "Bremick"
wrote:

"Al's Coins" wrote in message
[...]

i thoughtn it was garret morris?
Old August 30th 11, 04:21 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
RAV

On 8/30/2011 11:10 AM, in wrote:
In , Ken wrote:
In ,
wrote:

"Al's wrote in message
[...]

It was the actor Garrett Morris (two T's in the first name), who played
the part of baseball player Chico Escuela on SNL.
Old August 30th 11, 08:12 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , Rav wrote:
On 8/30/2011 11:10 AM, in wrote:
In , Ken

wrote:
In ,
wrote:

"Al's wrote in message
[...]

hey, you got the reference! awright.
a very underated actor. i've always thought that he and ron glass got the
short end. glass's work on serenity was first rate. i was ****ed when they
killed him.
Old August 30th 11, 08:33 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
clamz

"Rav" wrote in message ...
On 8/30/2011 11:10 AM, in wrote:
In , Ken
wrote:
In ,
wrote:

"Al's wrote in message
[...]

Sure that's not Greg Morris of Mission Impossible?

Old August 30th 11, 09:34 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Will[_3_]

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:45:25 -0700, Pogonip
wrote:

On 8/28/2011 6:25 PM, Al's Coins wrote:
IMHO, this is a hoax meesage, I think that eBay doing away with coin sales
is probably the best thing that could happen to us. Then all the small coin
sellers (me included) who are struggling away& putting up with their
nonsense would have to migrate somewhere else. And hopefully someone with
an ounce of brains would pick up the slack& provide us with the kind of
selling platform that we need.

Al's Coins

Well, if you want to know what eBay has announced, where better to go
than to a newsgroup? You certainly wouldn't want to look at eBay's
Announcement Board, would you? Didn't think so.

What part of Al's message indicates he came here to read eBay
announcements (as you so badly want to believe)? None, of course.
Old August 31st 11, 01:14 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , "clamz" wrote:

"Rav" wrote in message ...
On 8/30/2011 11:10 AM, in wrote:
In , Ken
wrote:
In ,
wrote:

"Al's wrote in message
[...]

quite sure. i would bet your life on it.