Million dollar bill trouble...

Old March 9th 04, 06:14 PM
Mark A. Behrens

Default Million dollar bill trouble...

Take a look at:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...orld-headlines

I had better be careful with those $1,000,000 bills my son keeps getting at
the Baltimore coin show...

Mark

Old March 9th 04, 06:30 PM
Dave Allured

Puh-leeeze! Let the lady go, give here a free case of Coke or
something. Arrest the clerk on Grand Stupidity. The police too!

--Dave ;-)

Old March 9th 04, 06:36 PM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
"Mark A. Behrens" wrote:

Take a look at:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...ar-bill,0,1281
415,print.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines

"COVINGTON, Ga. -- A woman was caught trying to use a fake $1 million
bill to buy $1,675 worth of merchandise at a Wal-Mart, and was later
found with two more of the bills in her purse, police said. "

...."Oh, yes ma'am, I'll just have to remove the cash tray to get to the
$100,000 bills to give you your change..."

I think we'll be seeing this woman in the near future as a cadidate for
a Darwin award.

Scot Kamins
---
***Collecting Euro's (for no apparent reason)***
Old March 9th 04, 08:35 PM
Byron L. Reed

How do you suppose they determined that it was a FAKE million dollar bill?

Did they compare it with a real one?

BLReed

To email me click he http://tinyurl.com/nd66
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com/byrons_collections/default.htm
Talk bust coins: http://www.byronreed.com/phpBB2/index.php
Old March 10th 04, 12:36 AM
Terry

"Mark A. Behrens" wrote in message
Take a look at:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...orld-headlines

I had better be careful with those $1,000,000 bills my son keeps getting

at
the Baltimore coin show...

Mark

Charged with forging what ?

TerryS

Old March 10th 04, 12:45 AM
Padraic Brown

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:36:43 -0800, Scot Kamins
wrote:

In article ,
"Mark A. Behrens" wrote:

Take a look at:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...ar-bill,0,1281
415,print.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines

"COVINGTON, Ga. -- A woman was caught trying to use a fake $1 million
bill to buy $1,675 worth of merchandise at a Wal-Mart, and was later
found with two more of the bills in her purse, police said. "

..."Oh, yes ma'am, I'll just have to remove the cash tray to get to the
$100,000 bills to give you your change..."

I think we'll be seeing this woman in the near future as a cadidate for
a Darwin award.

She'll be right behind the clerk, the manager, the arresting police
officers and any judge that does anything but throw this case out of
court and the arresting police officers in the clink for wasting the
Court's time.

A "fake" million dollar bill?

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old March 10th 04, 12:54 AM
thatcher

Mark A. Behrens wrote:

Take a look at:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...orld-headlines

I had better be careful with those $1,000,000 bills my son keeps getting at
the Baltimore coin show...

Mark

Oh I hate it when Walmart can't break my million dollar bills. :-[
Old March 10th 04, 01:41 AM
DFloyd

Dave Allured wrote in news:404DFF41.6CD2
@nospam.indra.com:

Puh-leeeze! Let the lady go, give here a free case of Coke or
something. Arrest the clerk on Grand Stupidity. The police too!

And how would you handle a lunatic who insists it's real and refuses to
leave? Keeping in mind that she is likely unstable and agitated. Add in
that you are a large corporation that gets sued at the drop of a hat.

Old March 10th 04, 01:47 AM
Byron L. Reed

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:41:41 GMT, DFloyd
wrote:

And how would you handle a lunatic who insists it's real and refuses to
leave? Keeping in mind that she is likely unstable and agitated. Add in
that you are a large corporation that gets sued at the drop of a hat.

Just tell her you can't make change for a million right now.

Old March 10th 04, 02:09 AM
DFloyd

Byron L. Reed wrote in
:

Just tell her you can't make change for a million right now.

BLReed

Oh, that'll work. "I'll just wait then". )
You might have better luck telling her she doesn't have enough money.