Linn's

Old October 2nd 14, 10:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David E. Ross

Default Linn's

Does anyone out there still get Linn's Stamp News? Linn's used to
publish valuations for U.S. stamps, including singles, blocks, and
panes. Is this still being done. (I dropped my subscription when I
stopped adding to my collection after I decided I no longer wanted the
USPS's hand on my wallet.)

My homeowner's insurance wants an updated valuation of my accumulation.
So I am looking for the most recent issue of Linn's that has this
information. I only need the date of the issue since I think at least
one local public library still gets Linn's.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html.
Old October 3rd 14, 04:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 14:37:46 -0700, "David E. Ross"
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

Does anyone out there still get Linn's Stamp News? Linn's used to
publish valuations for U.S. stamps, including singles, blocks, and
panes. Is this still being done. (I dropped my subscription when I
stopped adding to my collection after I decided I no longer wanted the
USPS's hand on my wallet.)

My homeowner's insurance wants an updated valuation of my accumulation.
So I am looking for the most recent issue of Linn's that has this
information. I only need the date of the issue since I think at least
one local public library still gets Linn's.

Spend a copuple bucks for a Brookman's!

OR

Use the library's copy of Scotts, then divide by 3!
Old October 3rd 14, 06:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David E. Ross

On 10/3/2014 8:03 AM, Sir F.A. Rien wrote:
On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 14:37:46 -0700, "David E. Ross"
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

Does anyone out there still get Linn's Stamp News? Linn's used to
publish valuations for U.S. stamps, including singles, blocks, and
panes. Is this still being done. (I dropped my subscription when I
stopped adding to my collection after I decided I no longer wanted the
USPS's hand on my wallet.)

My homeowner's insurance wants an updated valuation of my accumulation.
So I am looking for the most recent issue of Linn's that has this
information. I only need the date of the issue since I think at least
one local public library still gets Linn's.

Spend a copuple bucks for a Brookman's!

OR

Use the library's copy of Scotts, then divide by 3!

Does Brookman's indicate values for full panes? I know that Scott's
does not.

Old October 4th 14, 04:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 10:06:49 -0700, "David E. Ross"
[...]

I don't know either way as I'm not a colletor of US modern trash. Once
they started down that road I divested myself of my US collection and
concentrate on the GB Victorian period.

I would suspect that the Scott -=specialized=- would give 'list'
values for panes. they used to do so for sheets.