The WADP Numbering System (WNS) and its results

Old September 2nd 10, 02:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rein

Default The WADP Numbering System (WNS) and its results

Victor,

countries have other important things to achieve than report their
official post office stamps to Bern as in the case of Haiti and now
Pakistan....

Postal administrations are continuously re-organizing themselves and will
not have an employee sorting out stamps and send them to Bern as they were
used to for a hundred years. The volume of mail is diminishing and postal
administration are facing their competitors at the same time. Stamp
collecting is only in their interest as long as they have a philatelic
department that will have stamps manufactured for their small group of
clients. These stamps will not be used on mail at all let alone abroad so
no concern for the UPU. For local customers they provide the opportunity
to have personalized stamps made - in the Netherlands we had some 100.000
different personalized stamp orders per year! The frame is easily to be
copied should anyone want to!

Philately in terms of newly issued stamps that will never be used for
franking purposes is big business for the Stamp Departments that have
"officials" that think the same way as stamp dealers do that organize
their own "stamps" for Micronesia, Moldavia, Congo, Buryati or what their
name is... Some do it the legal way like IGPC, others simply fake! Who
cares??? Nobody!

The general stamp collector will hardly ever be confronted with the fact
that he has a fake or illegal stamp. By the time the collection has to
bring in some money he may find out there had been fishy stamps in his
collection, but at the same time he will find out that all of the legally
bought stamps from his local postal administration aren't worth a penny
either! So what is the big deal?

Read my: http://www.galeoptix.nl/fila/nl_figue.htm

groetjes, Rein

Op Thu, 26 Aug 2010 23:09:59 +0200 schreef Victor Manta
:

As you know from my postings here and from the PWO site, the PWO has
been involved since its creation in supporting the WADP in its fight
against illegal issues. We have published UPU Circulars, denounced
illegal stamps dealers, and more.

Unfortunately, about a year ago, the Circulars disappeared from the
UPU/WNS site and everything became focused only on the WNS, a system
that has not achieved its purposes after nine years. This article
discusses what its real results are so far:

http://www.pwmo.org/Illegals/what-good-wns.htm

You are invited to read the article and to participate in the poll that
we have inserted into the webpage mentioned above.

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old September 2nd 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Sep 2, 9:50*am, rein news.xs4all.nl wrote:
[...]

Hello Rein:

I have read this article with great pleasure.

In it you say :

"I would be more than pleased to show my collection of
the Pitcairn Islands at exhibitions and have it accompanied
by a cover of the book 'The Mutiny of the Bouinty' and even
a seed of the breadtree.

A truely philatelic agency for the Pitcairn Islands should be
capable of supplying such seeds. But no philatelic juror would
have the guts to give me the appropiate extra points for it! "

I agree, and would love to exhibit the way you suggest.
Maybe one solution is to place all the philatelic jurors
in a rowboat and drop them off, in the middle of the
Pacific Ocean, just before the judging is about to start.

8*)

Blair

Old September 4th 10, 10:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rein

Default Illegals and Excessive Stamps. Was: The WADP Numbering System(WNS) and its results

Victor,

an interesting article but not making me much wiser. It is obvious that
some names that have been hijacked like Micronesia score high! I am not
surprised had not been the apparent fact some philatelic enterprises in
the USA take this Micronesia **** seriously.

On the other hand, Belgium still sells its illustrated yearbooks for 80
euro, so the $266 Scott has is ridiculous! You can easily verify this as a
single stamp usually costs 59c and even if there were a few higher values
issued - inside Europe (1 euro) it will not exceed 68 euro a year (which
is in line with the 80 euro yearbook!).

No doubt sinmilar estimates can be made for other real countries like
Germany, France, Switzerland etc. You and I know where the fake countries
can be found and I do not care much for the difference between excessive
and illegal here. The real countries issue stamps that may not have
anything to do with franking purposes at times, but at least you and I can
buy them at not much more than face value should we try...

Getting a stamp from a fake country we are depending on the dealers that
import them (that is, not from that would-be country but from the agency
that has the stamps ordered in the printing works] and they can set the
price! That is, the price they want the catalogues to mention, as
simultaneously they release myriads of loose stamps and sheetlets for
practically nothing to attract new collectors..... Clever guys!

groetjes, Rein

Op Fri, 03 Sep 2010 21:09:54 +0200 schreef Victor Manta
:

Op Thu, 26 Aug 2010 23:09:59 +0200 schreef Victor Manta
:

As you know from my postings here and from the PWO site, the PWO has
been involved since its creation in supporting the WADP in its fight
against illegal issues. We have published UPU Circulars, denounced
illegal stamps dealers, and more.

Unfortunately, about a year ago, the Circulars disappeared from the
UPU/WNS site and everything became focused only on the WNS, a system
that has not achieved its purposes after nine years. This article
discusses what its real results are so far:

http://www.pwmo.org/Illegals/what-good-wns.htm

You are invited to read the article and to participate in the poll
that we have inserted into the webpage mentioned above.

"rein" news.xs4all.nl wrote in message
news
snip for brevity

Philately in terms of newly issued stamps that will never be used for
franking purposes is big business for the Stamp Departments that have
"officials" that think the same way as stamp dealers do that organize
their own "stamps" for Micronesia, Moldavia, Congo, Buryati or what
their name is... Some do it the legal way like IGPC, others simply
fake! Who cares??? Nobody!

The general stamp collector will hardly ever be confronted with the
fact that he has a fake or illegal stamp. By the time the collection
has to bring in some money he may find out there had been fishy stamps
in his collection, but at the same time he will find out that all of
the legally bought stamps from his local postal administration aren't
worth a penny either! So what is the big deal?

Rein,

My page:
http://www.pwmo.org/Illegals/what-good-wns.htm

was about WNS, an activity about which I assert that it is not useful
for the fight against the illegal stamps.

Your posting is much wider but its conclusion seems to be that generally
the illegals aren't a problem. On this we disagree, and 24 out of 26
readers who read my article and participated in the poll disagree with
you too.

As for the excessive stamp issues, a theme that you also cover, and
which is not directly related to illegal issues, I suppose that this
updated page on the PWO site could interest you:

http://www.pwmo.org/articles/undesirable-stamps.htm

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old September 4th 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

On 9/4/2010 8:38 AM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
reinnews.xs4all.nl found these unused words:

On the other hand, Belgium still sells its illustrated yearbooks for 80
euro, so the $266 Scott has is ridiculous! You can easily verify this as a
single stamp usually costs 59c and even if there were a few higher values
issued - inside Europe (1 euro) it will not exceed 68 euro a year (which
is in line with the 80 euro yearbook!).

Scutt's prices include handling, shipping and dealer [US] profit. So double
[plus a bit] isn't unreasonable ... in their eyes!

Just to make it clear, Scott does not sell stamps. Some other catalog
owners do.

Bill