key, semi-key, can't decide (warning Austrian coin ahead...duh!)

Old November 20th 04, 04:15 AM
Dale Hallmark

Default key, semi-key, can't decide (warning Austrian coin ahead...duh!)

http://austriancoins.com/Auction/1899.jpg

This is a 1899 1-Heller coin from Austria. Except for the 1892 it is the
most difficult coin in this
21 coin series to acquire. I am unsure weather the 1892 coin should really
be considered part of the regular series
or not. All the 1892 Austrian coins are pretty pricey. Since I collect
these I guess I should know why but I don't
know what was going on at that time except that 1892 did mark a change in
Austrian coins.

I have never seen the 1892 1-Heller on eBay in the three years I have been
collecting them and only a few
of the other 1892 denominations. I guess the 1892 makes this a semi-key.
Never the less, it is one you don't see every day.

Except for the 1892 I have completed this set and I am not sure I will try
for an 1892 if it ever comes up.
Probably will :-)

I would grade this one a pretty strong VF. What say yea? Dissenting
opinions?

Dale

Old November 20th 04, 04:40 AM
Keith Fletcher

Dale--

I don't know how to grade it, but that is one extraordinarily cool coin.

--Keith

Old November 20th 04, 01:09 PM
Dale Hallmark

One of the things that makes it a little unusual is the lack of
inscriptions. Don't see coins like that often.

Dale