seeburg amp repair

Old June 29th 03, 03:15 AM
Don Lanway

Default seeburg amp repair

Well, I've been known to, in a weak moment.
What part of the world do you live in?

I'd suggest Mike Zuccaro in Cali, or maybe C&C electronics....

Guys, does Charlie Maier do these, or just Rockola stuff?

Don
Oregon Jukebox

"geezer" wrote in message
om...
hello,i have a seeburg entertainer std-2 with a bad amp,i was
woundering if anyone in the group knows who can repair these solid
state amps.thank you

---

Old June 29th 03, 08:42 AM
geezer

"geezer" wrote in message
om...
hello,i have a seeburg entertainer std-2 with a bad amp,i was
woundering if anyone in the group knows who can repair these solid
state amps.thank you

---

Don,thanks for the reply,i live in upstate ny.one side of the amp
does work.i bought a bandshell with the entertainer off a vender up
here.both complete and in nice shape so i thought i would take a
chance on fixing them.....mark
Old June 29th 03, 06:15 PM
Don Lanway

"geezer" wrote in message
om...
Don,thanks for the reply,i live in upstate ny.one side of the amp
does work.i bought a bandshell with the entertainer off a vender up
here.both complete and in nice shape so i thought i would take a
chance on fixing them.....mark

I assume you've reversed the input leads to eliminate the possibility of a
bad cartridge or wiring?
And swapped the speaker leads also, to check the speakers and wiring?

Well, if you're handy with electrical stuff at all, here's a possibility...
I had one of these that had one dead channel, turned out to be one of the
big (1400 uf?) non-polarized caps, down in the lower right corner of the
chassis. Big yellow cylinders. Take a look at your amp, if you can identify
those, try jumpering across each one with the biggest NP cap you can find
locally, up to the original spec, with the same or higher voltage rating. Or
you can disconnect them one at a time, find the good side, pull that cap and
swap it into the other channel, see if that cures the problem. I was using
a signal generator to trace mine out, got sound from one end of the cap,
nada from the other.

Of course, there's a hundred things it could be, but caps tend to go with
time.

Good luck, and don't get shocked!

Don
Oregon Jukebox

---

Any help on learning 8-track player repair online? Jonny the 8-Tracker! 8 Track Tapes 12 January 14th 05 02:44 AM
Photo repair? Patrick Autographs 5 November 25th 04 05:27 AM
8 track equipment repair Fx199 8 Track Tapes 0 March 23rd 04 12:50 AM
8 Track Deck Repair in Los Angeles ?? MarkH 8 Track Tapes 3 July 30th 03 03:14 AM
Seeburg Model C Wayne Juke Boxes 0 June 23rd 03 09:53 PM