Wurlitzer Plastics (Type 24)

Old June 9th 15, 04:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Michaela Merz

Default Wurlitzer Plastics (Type 24)

Hello everybody:

I am restoring/repairing a 1938 Wurlitzer 24. It came with red pilasters from (what I think) a different model and I'd like to get it back to the yellow zebra look. I know that it is impossible to find original Wurlitzer pilasters for that machine. So - here's my question: Has anybody played around with acrylic sheets to get them into the right shape? How would I do that? Heat gun and gentle pushing?

A blog of my restoration can be found here.

http://blog.michaelamerz.com/wordpress/wurlitzer-24/

Thanks for your thoughts.

Michaela