A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Wurlitzer Plastics (Type 24)

Old June 9th 15, 04:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Michaela Merz
external usenet poster

Default Wurlitzer Plastics (Type 24)

Hello everybody:

I am restoring/repairing a 1938 Wurlitzer 24. It came with red pilasters from (what I think) a different model and I'd like to get it back to the yellow zebra look. I know that it is impossible to find original Wurlitzer pilasters for that machine. So - here's my question: Has anybody played around with acrylic sheets to get them into the right shape? How would I do that? Heat gun and gentle pushing?

A blog of my restoration can be found here.

http://blog.michaelamerz.com/wordpress/wurlitzer-24/

Thanks for your thoughts.

Michaela
Ads