Found Today

Old September 4th 12, 11:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default Found Today

At a thrift store today, I came across a first printing of
David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest in fine condition with
the first state dust jacket ("Volman" not "Volmann") also in
fine condition. I think it was in my hands before I even
read the title.

This is actually the first time I have sighted one of Foster
Wallace's books. They are truly scarce.

--
Francis A. Miniter

Mesure is Medicine þauh þou muche ȝeor[n]e.
Al nis not good to þe gost þat þe bodi lykeþ,
Ne lyflode to þe licam þat leof is to þe soule.

William Langland, The Vision of Piers Plowman
Passus I, lines 33 - 35
Old December 16th 12, 04:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
jyamamo[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 5, 2012 7:24:28 AM UTC+9, Francis A. Miniter wrote:

At a thrift store today, I came across a first printing of
David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest in fine condition with
the first state dust jacket ("Volman" not "Volmann") also in
fine condition. I think it was in my hands before I even
read the title.

This is actually the first time I have sighted one of Foster
Wallace's books. They are truly scarce.

Francis A. Miniter

Nice find! Though I have to admit, I have yet to meet anyone who has managed to finish reading it!

John

found this today [email protected] Coins 2 January 20th 07 02:08 PM
Found in "change" today Dave Allured Coins 1 September 14th 05 10:25 PM
found in change today!!!!! Kevin Coins 5 May 10th 04 11:27 PM
Found one today Karl Autographs 1 March 16th 04 09:10 PM
Never found one of these- before today Bill Krummel Coins 6 December 7th 03 07:12 AM