Tech: Seeburg 3W100 Wallbox

Old August 13th 08, 01:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
PinPlayer

Default Tech: Seeburg 3W100 Wallbox

Will a 3W100 wallbox work with a AY160? I have one hookedup to my
AY160 but keeps its selecting the wrong record. The Stepper unit in
my AY has been rebuilt and contacts gently filed...

Any insight would be appreciated...

Don...
Old August 13th 08, 04:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bob E.

barnhart_pinball wrote:
PinPlayer wrote in news:1b672eeb-a9df-45a0-ace3-
:

Will a 3W100 wallbox work with a AY160? I have one hookedup to my
AY160 but keeps its selecting the wrong record. The Stepper unit in
my AY has been rebuilt and contacts gently filed...

Any insight would be appreciated...

Don...

I do not believe so. You would need a 3W160 wallbox. My guess is the 100
box is "confusing" your 160.

Oh, it will work, and it will select *something*, but it's not a matter
of "confusing" the juke...it's a matter of translation.

Have you not noticed that 100-select jukes number their records
differently than the 160-select models? The 100-select model Seeburgs
organize the records in letter-groups, and the 160-select models have
them in number-groups. That is, the first record slot on a 100-select
machine is identified as A1-A2, the next is A3-A4, etc., while the first
record slot on a 160-select box is A1-B1, the next is C1-D1, etc. So,
if you want to use a 100-select wallbox on a 160-select juke, you could
put little sticky numbers on the pages to re-number the selections, or
cut your titlestrips in half and stick the appropriate half in the
appropriate slot on the title page of the wall-box. You would have to
have the artist's name on each half of the strip though...

....and of course, there will still be 30 records you will not be able to
select at all, anyway.

--Bob
Old August 13th 08, 02:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
PinPlayer

This is what I was affraid of... Thanks for information. Anyone
looking for a really nice 3w100 I purchased it as NOS if so just drop
me a line...

Don...
Old August 14th 08, 12:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
PinPlayer

Ok... Now I did it. I unhooked the wallbox but before I did I notice
the juke stop selecting. You push the selection buttons say E5 and
they would just lock down and not release for 15 to 20 seconds. Didn't
give it much thought until tonight when after unhooking the wallbox
and trying to play a few songs it still does the same thing. The
section keys will stay down for 15 sec or so then release with no
movement from the Tormat. Any ideas on what I may have srewed up?

Thanks Don...