Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

Old March 2nd 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

Default Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

On Mar 2, 1:02 pm, "Bob F." wrote:
On Feb 10, 10:18 am, "Stone Mirror (the Great and Terrible)"

I own a pristine copy of a volume titled "The Picatrix", published by
Ourobouros Press in 2001 in a limited edition of 1000 copies (mine is
#331). I'm doing an appraisal of the current value of this book, so I
searched Bookfinder to see what was listed there.

There are several copies listed, ranging in price from a low of $204
to a high of over $500 (the latter from a Seattle brick and mortar
store for a copy with a scuff on the cover!) One of the outliers,
pricing a copy at $430, was an outfit called "seattle_bookseller". I
wrote and asked why the price was so high, and got an amazingly
vituperative and abusive response, stating that this "WAS HOW THE RARE
BOOK BUSINESS WORKED" and that I "NEED A COURSE IN REMEDIAL ECONOMICS"
and so on.

seattle_booksellers subsequent posts proved that you are telling the
absolute truth.
He's a miserable ******* (not that that's neccesarily a bad thing) and
probably would not have been out of place on the old NYC 4th Avenue
"Booksellers Row".
BTW: Here's his latest feedbacl, a bit worse then he stated
(surprise!)
Feedback 30 days 90 days 365 days Lifetime
Positive: 96% 94% 94% 93%
Neutral: 0% 0% 1% 2%
Negative: 4% 6% 4% 5%
Count: 74 176 412 721

So 5% of his 721 sales (that's 36 buyers, folks) thought his service
sucked.
And 2% thought it just so-so (14 buyers).
That's at least 50 people out of 721 who were underwhelmed by his
books and/or service.
For a guy that claims to ship "almost 200 books" a day, he sure
doesn't have many customers, esp. happy ones!

Come back when you learn to state accurate facts. You are undoubtedly
a friend of Schlesinger's.

5 out of 5: "Great price, fast shipment"
Date: 3/2/2007 Rated by Buyer: blybug
5 out of 5: "Quick delivery, good service."
Date: 3/2/2007 Rated by Buyer: Adam C.
5 out of 5: "the book came much faster than promised"
Date: 3/1/2007 Rated by Buyer: dmau1668
5 out of 5: "Love the book, as described, super fast shipping too,
thanks!"
Date: 3/1/2007 Rated by Buyer: blahblahblah2005
5 out of 5: "great seller, fast shipping"
Date: 2/28/2007 Rated by Buyer: ieputranto
4 out of 5: "Book was a little worse for ware then stated, but not
bad."
Date: 2/28/2007 Rated by Buyer: Christopher A.
5 out of 5: "book arrived as described, on time"
Date: 2/28/2007 Rated by Buyer: combsie
5 out of 5: "Service was great"
Date: 2/28/2007 Rated by Buyer: Yesica N.
5 out of 5: "I found it astonoshing the speed of delivery, I mean i
contacted you in USA on Tuesday and I recieved the book in the west of
ruaral Ireland on Thursday , a little over 2 days , Local post here
may take a week. Thank you."
Date: 2/27/2007 Rated by Buyer: MICHAEL L.
5 out of 5: "Swift and in good condition"
Date: 2/27/2007 Rated by Buyer: Aimee Z.
5 out of 5: "great goods,,,,,nice"
Date: 2/26/2007 Rated by Buyer: jeffery w.
4 out of 5: "the book was in good condition however I shipping took
longer than expected - with an expedited purchase."
Date: 2/26/2007 Rated by Buyer: Erica G.
5 out of 5: "arrived in perfect condition"
Date: 2/25/2007 Rated by Buyer: lboyle37
5 out of 5: "Great working with this company!"
Date: 2/25/2007 Rated by Buyer: Amber S.
5 out of 5: "Very efficient service!"
Date: 2/25/2007 Rated by Buyer: Bradford D.
5 out of 5: "Arrived before the delivery estimate in good shape!"
Date: 2/25/2007 Rated by Buyer: magnusretail
5 out of 5: "no problems"
Date: 2/24/2007 Rated by Buyer:
5 out of 5: "Shipped quickly and accurately."
Date: 2/24/2007 Rated by Buyer: rdavidgross
5 out of 5: "The book came very fast and was in great condition for
the price!"
Date: 2/24/2007 Rated by Buyer: Silas C.
1 out of 5: "Book never arrived and seller ignored emails regarding
shipment."
Date: 2/23/2007 Rated by Buyer: whidbeytradingcompany
Seller Response: "Customer was fully refunded for this purchase and
an apology was issued for non-delivery. Book was shipped within two
business days." Date: 2/23/2007
5 out of 5: "Recieved quickly and in the condition expected"
Date: 2/23/2007 Rated by Buyer: sinderella2168
4 out of 5: "good transaction"
Date: 2/23/2007 Rated by Buyer: yadtan33
4 out of 5: "great book, good bargin"
Date: 2/22/2007 Rated by Buyer: Kathleen P.
4 out of 5: "good"
Date: 2/22/2007 Rated by Buyer: Chaolun W.
5 out of 5: "arrived quickly and in great shape!"
Date: 2/22/2007 Rated by Buyer: kccircus5

5 out of 5: "AWESOME!"
Date: 2/11/2007 Rated by Buyer: Jessica W.
4 out of 5: "Arrived on time, is in reasonably good condition."
Date: 2/11/2007 Rated by Buyer: Matthew S.
5 out of 5: "Thank you! Quick shipping and excellent book!"
Date: 2/11/2007 Rated by Buyer: Emily V.
5 out of 5: "great book, great author"
Date: 2/11/2007 Rated by Buyer: Amethyst L.
5 out of 5: "Very quick delivery, Nicely packaged, Great service, A++
+"
Date: 2/11/2007 Rated by Buyer: mdimock2
5 out of 5: "They were very responsive when I had a question about
the expected shipping date."
Date: 2/10/2007 Rated by Buyer: Cortney S.
5 out of 5: "awesome book, great condition fast shipping!!"
Date: 2/10/2007 Rated by Buyer: Krystin H.
5 out of 5: "I can't believe how quickly I rec'd my book, and in the
condition as noted by the seller. Definitely would purchase from
seller again."
Date: 2/10/2007 Rated by Buyer: Carroll S.
5 out of 5: "It was amazing how quickly I got my order! Confirmation
emails were sent very efficiently and sent sooner than I anticipated."
Date: 2/10/2007 Rated by Buyer: Linda
5 out of 5: "Great conditon!"
Date: 2/10/2007 Rated by Buyer: Maureen L.
5 out of 5: "excellent"
Date: 2/9/2007 Rated by Buyer: chris r.
5 out of 5: "Great! 1 Seller corrected small problem quickly and with
Integrity!!!"
Date: 2/8/2007 Rated by Buyer: dlj100
5 out of 5: "Product shipped quickly and in good condition. Would buy
from again"
Date: 2/8/2007 Rated by Buyer: matt_silvernail
5 out of 5: "Fast shipping."
Date: 2/6/2007 Rated by Buyer: amberporter2
5 out of 5: "arrived promptly and in good condition"
Date: 2/5/2007 Rated by Buyer: Charity
4 out of 5: "Good"
Date: 2/4/2007 Rated by Buyer: Michael F.
5 out of 5: "Everything went fine. Great store and merch quality."
Date: 2/4/2007 Rated by Buyer: leoamaro
5 out of 5: "Excellent text. Book received in excellent condition."
Date: 2/3/2007 Rated by Buyer: August R.
5 out of 5: "Great Service"
Date: 2/3/2007 Rated by Buyer: litfind
5 out of 5: "Perfect condition, fast shipment! AAA+++"
Date: 2/3/2007 Rated by Buyer: lucycork
5 out of 5: "impressed"
Date: 2/1/2007 Rated by Buyer: tlee54
5 out of 5: "great transaction"
Date: 2/1/2007 Rated by Buyer: Bruce B.
5 out of 5: "Excellent item! Fast shipping! Will do business with
again."
Date: 2/1/2007 Rated by Buyer: Bernard O.
1 out of 5: "I still haven't received my book."
Date: 1/31/2007 Rated by Buyer: Sarah C.
Seller Response: "I apologize that you are unhappy with your
transaction, but I would've been happy to advise on shipping status if
an inquiry was issued. I ship all books within two business days by
the buyer's selected method of shipment. I am very responsive to all
email inquiries! Have not been previously contacted by this
customer." Date: 1/31/2007
5 out of 5: "Very responsive, quick turnaround"
Date: 1/31/2007 Rated by Buyer: William A.

5 out of 5: "Speedy Delivery, Good packaging"
Date: 1/30/2007 Rated by Buyer: pdbj
5 out of 5: "Thanks!"
Date: 1/30/2007 Rated by Buyer: Carmen M.
5 out of 5: "Great service A+++++++++++"
Date: 1/29/2007 Rated by Buyer: skips65
5 out of 5: "Item was in excellent condition. Thanks."
Date: 1/26/2007 Rated by Buyer: Andrew F.
5 out of 5: "Very smooth, nice transaction"
Date: 1/26/2007 Rated by Buyer: Rachael E.
4 out of 5: "Nice job"
Date: 1/26/2007 Rated by Buyer: blowe81
5 out of 5: "arrived quickly"
Date: 1/26/2007 Rated by Buyer: biojen
5 out of 5: "speedy and responsible"
Date: 1/26/2007 Rated by Buyer: Kurt T.
5 out of 5: "Perfect transaction, recommendable"
Date: 1/25/2007 Rated by Buyer: Karsten H.
5 out of 5: "Great book"
Date: 1/24/2007 Rated by Buyer: katrina w.
5 out of 5: "Excellent service! Recommended!!"
Date: 1/23/2007 Rated by Buyer: pulgent
5 out of 5: "Thank you for a great book!"
Date: 1/23/2007 Rated by Buyer: Michelle H.
1 out of 5: "Never received book and had horrible customer service.
They should be banned from Amazon."
Date: 1/22/2007 Rated by Buyer: Candace G.
Seller Response: "Happilly responded to customer via email each
requested time with an update on shipping status. Delivery
Confirmation was obtained for this order and was shipped within two
business days. Followed Amazon's policy guidelines 100% in this
matter. Would've gladly shipped book via Priority Mail if customer had
upgraded to that shipping method." Date: 1/22/2007
5 out of 5: "Excellent copy, prompt delivery"
Date: 1/19/2007 Rated by Buyer: Mary P.
5 out of 5: "very happy with my purchase"
Date: 1/19/2007 Rated by Buyer: captnhowdey4
5 out of 5: "great!"
Date: 1/19/2007 Rated by Buyer: Eleanor A.
5 out of 5: "Thanks for a great transaction!"
Date: 1/18/2007 Rated by Buyer: Kasey C.
5 out of 5: "Very pleased"
Date: 1/18/2007 Rated by Buyer: bethwh
4 out of 5: "Good transaction and excellent communication throughout.
Postage was very slow, probably due to surface mail and Christmas.
Thanks so much for the great book though; it is like new."
Date: 1/17/2007 Rated by Buyer: Morgan P.
5 out of 5: "everything just fine"
Date: 1/17/2007 Rated by Buyer: camma
4 out of 5: "thanks the book was in a great condition."
Date: 1/17/2007 Rated by Buyer: maribel r.
5 out of 5: "Got it fast and in good shape. Thanks"
Date: 1/16/2007 Rated by Buyer: daviddurrant
5 out of 5: "Excellent product and service."
Date: 1/16/2007 Rated by Buyer: Francis M.
4 out of 5: "Received book a little late using express, but seller
made good on shipping refund."
Date: 1/16/2007 Rated by Buyer: online_student

Old March 2nd 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

#331). I'm doing an appraisal of the current value of this book, so I
[...]

Anyone can check your Amazon feedback and verify what I wrote was the
absolute truth and that the stats were taken directly from Amazon's
site.
All your blather to the contrary doesn't change the fact that your
overall positive rating is 93% (which sucks, BTW).

Old March 2nd 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

Powell's Books, 30 years in the business and now the largest online
retailer of used books - they have the same amazon rating I do. You
are coughing blood here, quit while I am ahead. Troll blood is
impossible to get out of a carpet. Still haven't explained my 99.6% +
on ebay, have you?

#331). I'm doing an appraisal of the current value of this book, so I
[...]

2 out of 5: "item has still not arrived"
1 out of 5: "I still haven't received my book."
1 out of 5: "They COMPLETELY lied about the description of the book.
They said that there were NO marks in the book, but there were TONS of
marks in the book. TERRIBLE!"
1 out of 5: "Never received book and had horrible customer service.
They should be banned from Amazon."
1 out of 5: "it came too late."
2 out of 5: "Not full book as described; Extract only.
Disappointed"
1 out of 5: "I have not received the ordered book."
1 out of 5: "The item listed was volumes 1-10. We were shipped only
volume 10 and then never got any response to our requests for customer
service from this seller. Amazon guarantee covered it but they never
even tried to contact us."
1 out of 5: "offered free shipping...phooey"
1 out of 5: "I only received 10 volumes of the 12 I should have and
the seller will not even eb=ntertain the idea that I am being
truthful. It is an awfule experience to be treated with such distrust.
I did not approach them with distrust but was received that way. I
only wanted to solve the problem but was blown off."
1 out of 5: "I returned this book to the seller because, although it
stated that it was a clean copy with no underlining or highlighting,
it was liberally underlined, and even had writings in the margin. I
returned it two weeks ago, requesting a clean copy, but have yet to
hear from them."
1 out of 5: "Did not receive book. Seller did not respond to e-
mail."
3 out of 5: "book was earlier edition, tried to confirm this before
ordering but info was not readily available on website. book in good
condition but not ediiton i wanted"
1 out of 5: "I'm still waiting on the book to arrive it's been more
than 21 days. Just send the book"

And there's more where that came from!

Old March 2nd 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

You don't do much volume, or you would have similar SMALL NUMBERS of
identical issues on thousands of orders. Show us your feedback, tough
guy. You won't do it. You are a chicken**** troll coward.

5 out of 5: "Great price, fast shipment"
Date: 3/2/2007 Rated by Buyer: blybug
5 out of 5: "Quick delivery, good service."
Date: 3/2/2007 Rated by Buyer: Adam C.
5 out of 5: "the book came much faster than promised"
Date: 3/1/2007 Rated by Buyer: dmau1668
Date: 3/1/2007 Rated by Buyer: blahblahblah2005
5 out of 5: "great seller, fast shipping"
Date: 2/28/2007 Rated by Buyer: ieputranto
Date: 2/28/2007 Rated by Buyer: Christopher A.
5 out of 5: "book arrived as described, on time"
Date: 2/28/2007 Rated by Buyer: combsie
5 out of 5: "Service was great"
Date: 2/28/2007 Rated by Buyer: Yesica N.
Date: 2/27/2007 Rated by Buyer: MICHAEL L.
5 out of 5: "Swift and in good condition"
Date: 2/27/2007 Rated by Buyer: Aimee Z.
5 out of 5: "great goods,,,,,nice"
Date: 2/26/2007 Rated by Buyer: jeffery w.
Date: 2/26/2007 Rated by Buyer: Erica G.
5 out of 5: "arrived in perfect condition"
Date: 2/25/2007 Rated by Buyer: lboyle37
5 out of 5: "Great working with this company!"
Date: 2/25/2007 Rated by Buyer: Amber S.
5 out of 5: "Very efficient service!"
Date: 2/25/2007 Rated by Buyer: Bradford D.
5 out of 5: "Arrived before the delivery estimate in good shape!"
Date: 2/25/2007 Rated by Buyer: magnusretail
5 out of 5: "no problems"
Date: 2/24/2007 Rated by Buyer:
5 out of 5: "Shipped quickly and accurately."
Date: 2/24/2007 Rated by Buyer: rdavidgross
Date: 2/24/2007 Rated by Buyer: Silas C.

Old March 2nd 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

On Mar 2, 4:23 pm, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:
Powell's Books, 30 years in the business and now the largest online
retailer of used books - they have the same amazon rating I do.

What's that got to do with your crappy service?

You
are coughing blood here, quit while I am ahead. Troll blood is
impossible to get out of a carpet. Still haven't explained my 99.6% +
on ebay, have you?

Well actually if you read my previous posts carefully (or, better yet,
have someone read them to you), you would see I posited that the fear
of retaliatory feedback probably keeps your ranking up (if you do,
indeed, have the ranking you stated - being that you have been caught
in a myriad of lies, one can't be sure!)
Once again I squashed you like the little insect that you are.
Want to come back for more?

Old March 2nd 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

dream on, dream your sick and sad little dreams - if that's what gets
you through your long day of NOT SELLING BOOKS, then by all means ...
dream on.

Old March 2nd 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

On Mar 2, 4:30 pm, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:
You don't do much volume, or you would have similar SMALL NUMBERS of
identical issues on thousands of orders. Show us your feedback, tough
guy. You won't do it. You are a chicken**** troll coward.

My, my, such bravado!
My ranking is not the issue, yours is.
You came here to dispute what the OP said about and so far, all you've
done is prove to everyone that you are a liar and a crappy bookseller.
For someone who said he wasn't going to respond to anymore posts,
you've sure got a lot to say!
Ta-ta asshole!

Old March 2nd 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

I knew it. You haven't got the guts to post your own Store feedback.
So just what are *you* HIDING? (besides the careful responses I made
to all my bad feedback, to document what I did to refund, good
customer service, etc - which you mendaciously left that off the bits
you culled over SEVERAL MONTHS reports.) I am not hiding anything.

Old March 2nd 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

On Mar 2, 4:43 pm, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:
I knew it. You haven't got the guts to post your own Store feedback.

Even if I was the worse vendor on Amazon it wouldn't change the fact
that you Amazon feedback sucks.
Nice try though.