Help us tailor our software to the needs of the book collecting community

Old June 29th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Help us tailor our software to the needs of the book collecting community

Hello all,

I work for a new startup called HiveLive (www.hivelive.com), and we
have recently released a beta version of our online "Social
Information Manager". We honestly believe that the collecting
community could benefit from our (free) online web application, and are
looking for a few forward-looking beta testers willing to provide
feedback and help us tailor our software to your community.

HiveLive provides you the opportunity to catalogue your entire
collection online, and gives you complete control over who sees what.
You can keep everything completely private, share things publicly, or
anything in-between. You get to choose and/or create your own types of
information - we currently have a user with almost 400 books
("Book") and another group of users that catalogues local hiking
trails ("Hike").

You could easily create, for example, another "Book" or even a
"19th Century Bible" type, and then catalogue your most valuable
items. It's all web-based, so your collection is available anywhere,
and you can choose to share your information however you like. You can
even form groups to manage information collaboratively.

Because of HiveLive's flexibility and user-created information types,
people can store and share almost any kind of information, from recipes
to car shows to restaurant reviews. We feel that cataloguing
collectibles and specific subject matter will prove to be a leading use
of HiveLive, and would like to start a dialog with creative members of
these communities.

I would truly value your feedback on any aspect of HiveLive and how we
might make it more useful to you.

You'll notice that HiveLive is currently available by invitation
only. If you would like to help us out and sign up, you may use this
invitation link to create an account. It is good for up to 30 new
accounts.

http://hivelive.com/join/books

We have a special user forum for submitting feedback, questions, and
bug reports, but I am happy to answer any questions posted here in this
forum as well.

Thank you very much! I am looking forward to your feedback and seeing
you on HiveLive.

Carlos Rodriguez
Director, Community Development
HiveLive, Inc. · Louisville, CO
My profile: www.hivelive.com/people/carlos

HiveLive is a growing network of active information archives
("Hives"for short) where people and groups can manage and share
information. You can create as many Hives as you want and participate
in Hives that other people create. Most importantly, you control who
sees what. As such, you can build your own personal information network
on top of your social network.

HiveLive is a great way to post and share information online and
control who sees what.