Seeburg LS1 Scan Issues

Old April 22nd 04, 12:26 PM
Anthony Logan

Default Seeburg LS1 Scan Issues

I have a Seeburg LS1 that will not scan. If you make a
selection the number/letter seem to latch and then release fine but the
carriage will not scan in play mode. At this time, if you put the
machine into manual scan and then back to play mode, than sometimes it
will pick up the record and play fine.If you get the first record to
select and play and you have multiple selections than it will play them
all ok. I have setup the contacts for the S1100 Cam switches and also
verifed the reversing switch bank with a multimeter. The problem is
getting it to take the first selection and start scanning?Not sure if I
am on the right path or way out in left field. Hoping someone can help.

P.S Remove the 123 from the email address to reply directly

Tony Logan

Old April 26th 04, 01:44 AM
Anthony Logan

Yes I do have a manual for this box and after looking at the schematic
for sometime I think I will start looking at the add solenoid because
this seems to be what closes the scan contacts 2E1. I will post after I
try this next step.

Jim Murphy wrote:

The first question is: Do you have a manual? JimJukebox
m...

Old April 27th 04, 02:14 AM
Anthony Logan

The selection buttons hold in until both the letter and number are
pressed and then both release but the unit never starts to scan.If I
manually put the mechanism into scan that seems to work fine and
sometimes you can get it to select the record this way. This juke I am
looking at is for a friend so I will not be there until Wednesday to
troubleshoot. I certainly think that maybe the add coil is not picking
up but I will not be sure until I start going through the circuit at
that time. I will post as I start to gather more details.

Old September 15th 15, 11:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Jim my Lsi won't scan won't scan either...I cleaned and oiled the clutch The turntable continuously moved but won't scan and jest a 7 is lighted on the selection display... Also it's been sitting for about 40yrs my dad bought it new in 1968. I don't know where the manual scan switch is located. John in Orlando.