I know this is getting annoying, but, I have another question aboutthe possible reissue of the $500 bill.

Old February 15th 09, 04:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default I know this is getting annoying, but, I have another question aboutthe possible reissue of the $500 bill.

Okay,

I know I've asked similar to the same question a million times, so,
lets make it a million and one, shall we?

Okay, I just got done reading the monthly BEP report that they cover
on Wheres George, for January, and there are so many financial
problems, that the BEP is printing a lot more $100 bills, so, I
thought I'd ask, is this a good time to send my legislation idea to
Congress about at least $500 bills? I mean, if the BEP printed $500s
again, it would help them keep up with the demand for $100s, and even
more so, if I also mention $200 bills, and maybe just not $1,000 bills
for now.

I wanted to make sure that Obama's Congress was well settled in before
I sent any proposals in to them, and I know that it would also take at
least a year to a year and a half for the BEP to design and issue new
$500 bills if Congress approved of it, so would it be likely that the
$100, and possibly new $200s and $500s might still be in major demand
by a couple years from now? I was sort of thinking that, maybe I
should even write a suggestion to President Obama himself, on $200 and
$500 bills, to help with these financial crisis costs, and to help
keep up with currency printing and demand. I know Obama can't make the
Treasury issue new $200s and $500s, but I know that he could suggest
to his new Treasury Secretary, and his new Congress to study, and
consider whether its a good workable idea.

So, is the new Congress settled in enough, by now? Is it a good idea
to write to the new Secretary of the Treasury, and President Obama,
himself, as well?
Old February 15th 09, 04:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

wrote:
[...]

Do you believe that the Obama administration has its hands sufficiently full
at the moment that it would ignore your letter entirely, or do you believe
that the Obama administration is sitting around, twiddling its collective
thumbs, looking for something to do? Watch any news report, from the left,
middle, or right, and you will have your answer. But it's entirely your
call.

James

Old February 15th 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
ImperialCoins

I receive RCC via google in an email and I generally scan the messages
and ignore the ones I could care less about. Having written this,
seeing your reasoning behind a $500 bill appear so often became
annoying a LONG time ago.

If stores are concerned about accepting $100 bills what makes you
think they would be eager to accept a larger denomination? It's not
like people buy cars or other big ticket items in cash every day.
Between this stupid question and the thread on famous dog coins, I can
see how some of the regulars here get to be so jaded...

Alfred

Old February 15th 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

wrote in message
So, is the new Congress settled in enough, by now? Is it a good idea
to write to the new Secretary of the Treasury, and President Obama,
himself, as well?

By all means, send the president a letter. Better make it a threatening
one, just to get his attention!

Old February 15th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

By all means, send the president a letter. Better make it a threatening
one, just to get his attention!

You idiot. I would never threaten the President of the United States.
Unlike you, I have respect for the President.

Anyway, as for store here not wanting to accept $100, $200 and $500
bills, I'm NOT talking about using a ton of $200 and $500 bills here.
From what I read for many years, most of the U.S. $100 bills are
shipped overseas, and those countries have large denomination bills
that they are used to. Such as 200 and 500 Euro notes. So, they would
have no problem accepting and using U.S. $200 and $500 Federal Reserve
notes either. And as a plus, there would still be a few $200s and
$500s available here for people like me to use if they want to,
athough the majority would be going overseas, so if you hate the idea
of $200s and $500s, just don't use them and then, no worries for you.
Use your crappy credit and debit cards that take forever to use, but
then, there would be a problem for you then, wouldn't there? Its not
like $200 and $500 bills would be come as common as $1 bills, for
crying out loud.
Old February 15th 09, 08:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
jim menning

wrote in message

By all means, send the president a letter. Better make it a threatening
one, just to get his attention!

You idiot. I would never threaten the President of the United States.
Unlike you, I have respect for the President.

Anyway, as for store here not wanting to accept $100, $200 and $500
bills, I'm NOT talking about using a ton of $200 and $500 bills here.
From what I read for many years, most of the U.S. $100 bills are
shipped overseas, and those countries have large denomination bills
that they are used to. Such as 200 and 500 Euro notes. So, they would
have no problem accepting and using U.S. $200 and $500 Federal Reserve
notes either. And as a plus, there would still be a few $200s and
$500s available here for people like me to use if they want to,
athough the majority would be going overseas, so if you hate the idea
of $200s and $500s, just don't use them and then, no worries for you.
Use your crappy credit and debit cards that take forever to use, but
then, there would be a problem for you then, wouldn't there? Its not
like $200 and $500 bills would be come as common as $1 bills, for
crying out loud.

Why make it easier for the drug dealers?

Old February 15th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Why make it easier for the drug dealers?

Why worry about drug dealers when its a war that can not be won? As I
said, lets worry about the good people who will benefit from larger
denominations. As Rep. Mike Castle said in a Congressional testimony
on reissuing $500s:

"I think there are pros and cons to all of this, although I must say
some of the cons are sort of reduced by the fact if there is going to
be a euro which is a viable currency out there and those who are in
criminal activity can use that anyhow, you know, why shouldn't we do
it as well, or better than they can, and perhaps even be able to aim
at some of the criminal conduct and do a more effective job of
regulating that and still compete in this circumstance."

So, I would not think we should worry about the crime ring when
considering issuing $200 and $500 Federal Reserve notes.
Old February 16th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

wrote in message

By all means, send the president a letter. Better make it a
threatening
one, just to get his attention!

You idiot. I would never threaten the President of the United States.
Unlike you, I have respect for the President.

Anyway, as for store here not wanting to accept $100, $200 and $500
bills, I'm NOT talking about using a ton of $200 and $500 bills here.
From what I read for many years, most of the U.S. $100 bills are
shipped overseas, and those countries have large denomination bills
that they are used to. Such as 200 and 500 Euro notes. So, they would
have no problem accepting and using U.S. $200 and $500 Federal Reserve
notes either. And as a plus, there would still be a few $200s and
$500s available here for people like me to use if they want to,
athough the majority would be going overseas, so if you hate the idea
of $200s and $500s, just don't use them and then, no worries for you.
Use your crappy credit and debit cards that take forever to use, but
then, there would be a problem for you then, wouldn't there? Its not
like $200 and $500 bills would be come as common as $1 bills, for
crying out loud.

I'm still not convinced you aren't Sarge posting under another name.
If not, you were undoubtedly separated at birth.
Anyway, keep sending your letters to government officials, sooner or
later the Secret Service will have you tossed into the looney bin where
you belong!

Old February 16th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Feb 15, 7:28*pm, "RWF" wrote:
wrote in message

By all means, send the president a letter. Better make it a
threatening
one, just to get his attention!

You idiot. I would never threaten the President of the United States.
Unlike you, I have respect for the President.

Anyway, as for store here not wanting to accept $100, $200 and $500
bills, I'm NOT talking about using a ton of $200 and $500 bills here.
From what I read for many years, most of the U.S. $100 bills are
[...]

Yeah, yeah. And after they've tossed you in jail for telling people to
threaten the President of the United States. Thats just as bad as
making a threat. I hope the Feds see that post of yours about that,
because you'll likely be going buh-bye for a long time if or when they
see it. Hope you like your visit to see your new boyfriends, Bubba,
Tiny and Tyrone.

Also, I don't really know who this "Sarge" is, but I do know you've
made remarks about someone posting as sgt. and calling him Sarge, just
because you don't like his comments either. Other than that, I don't
know anything about him.

Old February 16th 09, 03:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Jim Menning" wrote in message

Its not
like $200 and $500 bills would be come as common as $1 bills, for
crying out loud.

Why make it easier for the drug dealers?

What, their money counting machines have to run for five hours instead one?
They may have to employ an extra money counting chimp? Ohh yeah, that is
really effective at stopping the drug dealers ;-)

Maybe we shouldn't print anything larger than a 10 to really make it
difficult.