Romania Social Welfare.

Old August 18th 09, 03:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan[_2_]

Default Romania Social Welfare.

2009 Michel doesn't list any fiscals with the 9th Army
overprint. I even checked several older editions to see if
perhaps they had been dropped. Also, the Romanian catalog
doesn't list a 5b black with the 9th Army overprint. See
the link I gave below.

However, for the MViR overprint there is a 5b black issued
1 Oct. 1918 and as well as the two 10b stamps you mentioned
issued in 1917. But this is not the overprint that Rodney
has! That stamp, with the 9th Army overprint, was issued
on 10 March 1918 (according to the best information I have)
and therefore could not exist with a Dec. 1917 cancellation.

Jay Carrigan see web site for email address
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

Jay T. Carrigan schrieb:
That contradicts the information in my Romanian catalog
http://www.jaypex.com/Romania/G9A.jpg.

What is your source?

Jay Carrigan see web site for email address
www.jaypex.com

In article ,

No Sir, that is not correct - there were 3 stamps, with that design
overprinted. The 10B brown and the 10B grey-violet issued on august 10
1917 and a 5B black on oct 01 1918, with overprint in black and carmine.
From that, yours could be genuine.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

Funny Jay! I got my information from the German "Michel" specialized
Germany katalogue. Does your Romanian catalogue mention the 5B black?

Peter
--
No Gates - no Bill!

Old August 18th 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Hello Jay,
I wonder if this link is helpful?, at least it seems
to refer to both 1917 and 1918 for thse overprinted "assistance" stamps.
http://www.revenues.ro/pagini/gultig9armee-eng.php

BTW I found also, a further ID to the Newspaper cancellation "independence
Roumania"
you ID'd for me some time ago.
It is referred to as Bucaresti No5
It appears to be in a series of dedicated cancellations for high use
locations
One is the "palace hotel" etc& etc.

Another is "Domeni" of which I have several, any idea what "Domeni" refers
to in Romanian?
rodney

Jay T. Carrigan schrieb:
That contradicts the information in my Romanian catalog
http://www.jaypex.com/Romania/G9A.jpg.

What is your source?

Jay Carrigan see web site for email address
www.jaypex.com

In article ,

No Sir, that is not correct - there were 3 stamps, with that design
overprinted. The 10B brown and the 10B grey-violet issued on august 10
1917 and a 5B black on oct 01 1918, with overprint in black and
carmine.
From that, yours could be genuine.

Peter

Old August 18th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

It seems to me to support your argument.
I shall be considering it a weed / philatelic fake.

Old August 19th 09, 07:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Jay T. Carrigan" wrote in message
2009 Michel doesn't list any fiscals with the 9th Army
overprint. I even checked several older editions to see if
perhaps they had been dropped. Also, the Romanian catalog
doesn't list a 5b black with the 9th Army overprint. See
the link I gave below.

However, for the MViR overprint there is a 5b black issued
1 Oct. 1918 and as well as the two 10b stamps you mentioned
issued in 1917. But this is not the overprint that Rodney
has! That stamp, with the 9th Army overprint, was issued
on 10 March 1918 (according to the best information I have)
and therefore could not exist with a Dec. 1917 cancellation.

This was the only explanation that I found too. Still waiting from Peter for
a scan of the relevant page of his catalogue.

--
Victor Manta

Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old August 19th 09, 11:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
peter Baumann

Victor Manta schrieb:
"Jay T. Carrigan" wrote in message
2009 Michel doesn't list any fiscals with the 9th Army
overprint. I even checked several older editions to see if
perhaps they had been dropped. Also, the Romanian catalog
doesn't list a 5b black with the 9th Army overprint. See
the link I gave below.

However, for the MViR overprint there is a 5b black issued
1 Oct. 1918 and as well as the two 10b stamps you mentioned
issued in 1917. But this is not the overprint that Rodney
has! That stamp, with the 9th Army overprint, was issued
on 10 March 1918 (according to the best information I have)
and therefore could not exist with a Dec. 1917 cancellation.

This was the only explanation that I found too. Still waiting from Peter for
a scan of the relevant page of his catalogue.

Well, here it is, at last.
Strange, that the two catalogues differ that much.

http://666kb.com/i/bbnf9ntnil82mhsr6.jpg

Peter
Old August 19th 09, 02:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan[_2_]

Peter, that's the wrong overprint! Michel does list the
fiscals with the "MViR" overprint, but we were talking
about fiscals with the "Gültig / 9. Armee" overprint.
Michel doesn't list those at all.

Old August 19th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"peter Baumann" wrote in message
Victor Manta schrieb:
[...]

Well, they don't differ actually. Please reconsider what Jay (and I in the
same thread) wrote above: "with the 9th Army" (Gültig 9. Armee - VM)
overprint. You speak about other overprint, MViR (militari, vãduve, invalizi
de rãzboi).

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old August 19th 09, 02:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Victor Manta schrieb:
[...]

Gosh, got the wrong train - might happen, when one gets along the years.
Of course you are right - found it in my catalogue now. These stamps
were never used postaly.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!