Zim $ brings sad feelings

Old August 22nd 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Zim $ brings sad feelings

Today I attended a local Coin/Stamp show. I brought my Zim 100 billion
note as a show-and-tell.
The first attempt at show-and tell was to an old friend who is a coin
and stamp dealer. He looked at the note and informed me that Zimbabwe
caused sadness in his family.
The dealer told me that his brother-in-law came from Zimbabwe. His
parents were long time white farmers who tilled the soil and grew
crops to feed the people. The government took the land and now the
land now stands idle.
The children and family cannot go back to where they were raised. Sad
situation, very sad and it really is a small world.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old August 23rd 09, 11:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
Today I attended a local Coin/Stamp show. I brought my Zim 100 billion
note as a show-and-tell.
The first attempt at show-and tell was to an old friend who is a coin
and stamp dealer. He looked at the note and informed me that Zimbabwe
caused sadness in his family.
The dealer told me that his brother-in-law came from Zimbabwe. His
parents were long time white farmers who tilled the soil and grew
crops to feed the people. The government took the land and now the
land now stands idle.
The children and family cannot go back to where they were raised. Sad
situation, very sad and it really is a small world.

Yes, a small and in some places a very bad world. If I remember well, many
white farmers were even purposely killed there.

Just a remainder:

"In April 2009, Zimbabwe abandoned printing of the Zimbabwean dollar, and
the South African rand and US dollar became the standard currencies for
exchange. The government does not intend to reintroduce the currency until
2010."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_Zimbabwe

--
Victor Manta