Weird Ebay Fountain pens

Old October 1st 04, 10:57 PM
Edward

(Edward) wrote in message . com...
There is a certain seller on ebay selling pens for very low prices
(usadealers). Pens are listed as "Gothic Snake Silver Fountain Pen by
M.D,"
"Medieval Platinum Gladiator Fountain Pen by M.D," and other names,
and come with German iridium nibs with lifetime warranty. Grammar is
very poor in the listings.

I have not heard of this "M.D" brand before.

The pens look great, and sell for under $10. Are they worth the price
and trouble, or are they suspect knockoffs?

Thanks for your input.

There is a second seller that I find really curious, with similar
style of selling pens on Ebay. This seller sells pens made by
Charles-Hubert. Does anyone know anything about this brand? They also
sport German iridium nibs.

Thanks
Old August 8th 05, 04:32 AM
desertvox desertvox is offline
Junior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward
There is a certain seller on ebay selling pens for very low prices
(usadealers). Pens are listed as "Gothic Snake Silver Fountain Pen by
M.D,"
"Medieval Platinum Gladiator Fountain Pen by M.D," and other names,
and come with German iridium nibs with lifetime warranty. Grammar is
very poor in the listings.

I have not heard of this "M.D" brand before.

The pens look great, and sell for under $10. Are they worth the price
and trouble, or are they suspect knockoffs?

Thanks for your input.
My two cents worth as an avid pen colector of over 15 years straight....you can skimp on a ballpoint, and a arollerball- with these it's the refill that make sthe pen, howver, when purchasing a fountain pen, do not expect anything that does not leak for under $40.00 US. A good entry level would be Waterman Phileas at about the above price. You could opt for the funky-looking Rotring Cores, or better still try Lamy Safari- a great ft. pen for less thatn $20.00 at pencity.com

Beware of knock-offs...in a market driven economy, you get less than what you paid for-thats' business.

Caveat emptor
Old September 17th 05, 06:04 PM
jethrobodinejr jethrobodinejr is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward
There is a certain seller on ebay selling pens for very low prices
(usadealers). Pens are listed as "Gothic Snake Silver Fountain Pen by
M.D,"
"Medieval Platinum Gladiator Fountain Pen by M.D," and other names,
and come with German iridium nibs with lifetime warranty. Grammar is
very poor in the listings.

I have not heard of this "M.D" brand before.

The pens look great, and sell for under $10. Are they worth the price
and trouble, or are they suspect knockoffs?

Thanks for your input.
I bought 25 or so of these pens and recieved 3. I wrote to seller to little avail. I noticed a lot of recent negative feedback and that seller has recently made feedback private. I filed a paypal dispute re the one almost 3 weeks old. When I paid for about the same number earlier this week I chose use credit card under funding options even though paypal stongly discourages this and touts how you are supposedly just as well off using pappal buyer protection with a withdrawal from your bank account. (They don't advise as loudly that you can only file 2 claims a year. Also figuring how to list all these in their dispute resolution is a daunting task (you highlight all of them in the drop down box). Disputing a charge made with a credit card company is easier, Tho I wonder if paypal shares that you have done that with other financilial outfits as once I disputed another purchase (wris****ch bought from holiday123 in Hong Kong), Western Union would not let me send cash to China for a purchase through my credit card, tho I could send cash through one of their agents. usadealers was difficult to get ahold of and did not repluy to emails until I cut and pasted same email regarding non receipt in contact seller on ebay for each of the items. pen is worth what you pay for it including outrageous shipping and insurance if pen comes. Seller didnot use recent hurricanes as excuse--sauid he would check re reason for not getting pens--but notheing so far.

Last edited by jethrobodinejr : September 17th 05 at 06:10 PM.
Old September 18th 05, 04:44 AM
Crazykat

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:04:33 +0100, jethrobodinejr
wrote:

down box). Disputing a charge made with a credit card company is
easier, Tho I wonder if paypal shares that you have done that with
other financilial outfits as once I disputed another purchase
(wris****ch bought from holiday123 in Hong Kong), Western Union would
not let me send cash to China for a purchase through my credit card,
tho I could send cash through one of their agents. usadealers was
difficult to get ahold of and did not repluy to emails until I cut and
pasted same email regarding non receipt in contact seller on ebay for
each of the items. pen is worth what you pay for it including
outrageous shipping and insurance if pen comes. Seller didnot use
recent hurricanes as excuse--sauid he would check re reason for not
getting pens--but notheing so far.

Don't buy from the Yellow Menace and always use a credit card.
http://paypalsucks.com/
Paypal and eBay are the same company. They are less then honest when
dealing with the people that pay for there lavish life styles. Both
companies are Jewish owned so use caution.
Old September 18th 05, 02:05 PM
pavane

"Crazykat" wrote in message

Paypal and eBay are the same company. ... Both
companies are Jewish owned so use caution.

Oh yeah, there it is! An anti-Semitic bigot, eh? Lovely.

pavane

Old September 18th 05, 10:49 PM
Sonam Dasara

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 03:44:40 GMT, Crazykat typed:

Paypal and eBay are the same company. They are less then honest when
dealing with the people that pay for there lavish life styles. Both
companies are Jewish owned so use caution.

Wow, yet another bigot with the IQ of a doorpost.

Crazykat, I know that you spent most of Junior High dreaming up
really cool screen names to use when your mom would buy you a
computer, but you missed the concept of "publicly traded corporation".
They are "owned" by their shareholders, who are comprised of many
ethnic groups. And the CEO is as WASPy as can be; it's founder is an
Indian.

And you are an asshole.
--
Cordially,

Sonam Dasara
9/18/2005 5:45:49 PM
Old November 15th 05, 05:03 PM
jethrobodinejr jethrobodinejr is offline
Junior Member

As of November 15, 2005 Usadealers is no longer a registered user of ebay. They had a lot of negative feedback recently.usadealersis Chris Quinteros
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobodinejr