ebay lot of the week

Old August 5th 03, 06:14 PM
J. A. Mc.

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:19:07 -0400, TC found these
unused words floating about:

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 05:33:17 GMT, Bob Ingraham

Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 03:24:31 GMT
Subject: ebay lot of the week

Haven't noticed that it is the very rare (possibly this is the only
one!) reversed blobby image Hitler stamp issued (at 6 cents) in anticipation
of the 3rd Reich conquering the United States? How unobservant of you
Tracy! Must be all that Fennec tea you are drinking (rare for us to have in
Western NY... ask Ida).
Dave

I noticed it was reversed, but I didn't want to mention it for fear you
people would start bidding against me, and I'd have to spend more than the
$600 minimum bid to get it.

Bob

I'm holding off, so I can snipe it st the last minute. %^O

I'm sure that it is legit, After all, the seller has
a huge ebay raing of (0) happy customers.

Blair

Wonder if he/she/it'll relist, taking advantage of eBay's generous
terms?

Old August 5th 03, 06:37 PM
David F.

Try this one for size.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=34 89
The picture shows the extremely rare "blobby printing on curled up paper"
variety and the accuracy of the issue date in the description clearly shows
an intense research.

Considering the source, he may be located at the southern edge of the
Applachians.

Maght bay the only pickchure of that thar Hitler feller he evah dahyd
see.

I also like the range of dates printed, considering Hitler died in
1945. Hmmm...

Tracy Barber

OK, OK... but where is ELVIS now??

David ;-))

Growing Daisys at Graceland ...

Great! My Partner's Aunty just came back from a visit to Memphis.

She said Gracelands was smaller than she expected, but she really
loved the Gates!! Doesn't sound like America at all!

David ;-))

Old August 5th 03, 07:10 PM
John Ray

John Mycroft wrote:

Try this one for size.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=34 89
The picture shows the extremely rare "blobby printing on curled up paper"
variety and the accuracy of the issue date in the description clearly shows
an intense research.

If the starting price was, say, 6 dollars instead of 600, I wonder if
some idiot would bid for it?

--
John Ray, London UK.

Mail to mefp49 is unlikely to be read. I can be contacted at xcf70 (same
ISP).
Old August 6th 03, 01:07 AM
TC

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:10:03 +0100, John Ray
wrote:

John Mycroft wrote:

Try this one for size.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=34 89
The picture shows the extremely rare "blobby printing on curled up paper"
variety and the accuracy of the issue date in the description clearly shows
an intense research.

If the starting price was, say, 6 dollars instead of 600, I wonder if
some idiot would bid for it?

A true image flipped original would be worth $6.

Blair

Old August 6th 03, 02:50 AM
KRASH

is Elvis or Hitler showing up???
I'd fly down to see either... and get both their autographs....
"well, well, thannkkaaaa vvverrrrry much.... ACHTUNG!!"
kk

"Doug Spade" wrote in message

"David F." wrote in message

OK, OK... but where is ELVIS now??

David ;-))

Well, he always shows up at our county fair, so next week I expect to seem
him walking the grounds.

Mike

Old August 6th 03, 05:01 AM
Bob Ingraham

I dealt with Loral several years ago. No problems, nice stamps. They are now
on-line: http://www.russianstamps.com.

Bob

Old August 7th 03, 04:29 AM
John Mycroft

If the starting price was, say, 6 dollars instead of 600, I wonder if
some idiot would bid for it?

Hey! I would. It would save me $594 - I know a bargain when I see one.

Cheers - John

PS Darn - bidding has closed!

Old August 8th 03, 01:58 AM

Sadly the seller is not currently offering any futher bargains.
..
Charlie Jensen

Live right,
Eat right,