Autographed Baseballs - need some help

Old August 31st 06, 09:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.sport.baseball
TBK

Default Autographed Baseballs - need some help

I am selling three balls from my collection - well basically because I
need the money. What I don't know is where to find accurate pricing for
them. Here's what I have and prices I have found on the internet:

Ball #1 1962 Mets Team Ball (Spalding ball with President Giles name
stamp)

Manager Casey Stengal is on the sweet spot - other signatures include
Richie Ashburn, Red Ruffing, Frank Thomas, Red Kress, Marv Throneberry,
Bob Miller, Ken MacKenzie, Al Jackson, Sam Taylor, Joe Pignatano, Jay
Hook, Jim Hickman, Ray Daviault, Bob Moorhead, Felix Mantilla, Bill
Hunter, Rod Kanehl, Charlie Neal, Cliff Cook, Chris Cannizzaro, Sally
Nemur, and Vinegar Bend Mizell. Obviously the one glaring omission is
Gil Hodges.

I did see one ball with Casey Stengal only at Grandstand Sports
Memorabilia for $4500
http://www.grandstandsports.com/pages/11448.htm

Ball #2 Ted Williams (I have 2 so I'm selling one)
$1400 http://www.grandstandsports.com/pages/2280.htm
$995
http://www.qualityautographs.com/app...d=item&id=3940

Ball #3 Joe DiMaggio (Also have two but the one I'm keeping is #29 of
41 like it - he wrote his stats HR's, BA, HOF 55, #5 (Uniform #), 56 in
41, and his MVP years on this small set)
$800 http://www.grandstandsports.com/pages/4470.htm
$995http://www.qualityautographs.com/app/items_2006.php?cmd=item&id=3941

Are these reasonable prices? High? Low? Where can I get an idea of the
value?

Any help would be appreciated!

Old August 31st 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.sport.baseball
ManningFan

Grandstand Sports is a ripoff and their customer service sucks. Don't
go by their prices, chop them in half and you have a decent indicator
as to what you'll probably get for your ball. You can use their
prices, but then you're in their position; waiting for some sucker to
come along who doesn't know better. If you truly "need the money", you
don't have time to wait that long.

Your best venue for this at the moment, unfortunately, is ebay. Don't
put an unreasonable opening bid, you need it to be low enough to suck
bidders into it. Expect them to close between 1/3 and 1/2 of
Grandstand Sports' prices.

Old September 1st 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.sport.baseball
ManningFan

Unfortunately, about 90% of the "posters" here are nothing but
spambots.

Try posting at www.sportcardforum.com or www.sportscardsheriff.com, I
believe they both have memorabilia sections and both sites get good
traffic.

TBK wrote:
No other help with this?

Old September 1st 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.sport.baseball
TBK

Thanks for the heads up - much appreciated!

ManningFan wrote:
Unfortunately, about 90% of the "posters" here are nothing but
spambots.

Try posting at www.sportcardforum.com or www.sportscardsheriff.com, I
believe they both have memorabilia sections and both sites get good
traffic.

TBK wrote:
No other help with this?