RCC Tokens

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 23rd 10, 03:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Default RCC Tokens

On 5/22/2010 8:52 PM, cnntp wrote:

IIRC one auction ended there around.
I was watching it but when it went over $40.00 I stopped bidding.

Poking around a little bit ... Here's a thread from 2003 indicating that
the first RCC medal, the one ember, did sell for $10 when introduced.
It's not clear if they were all sold in this way. But they soon wound up
on eBay, with some hammer prices exceeding $100.

http://tinyurl.com/2d3grnk

or

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...4bcfb938077156

Other threads indicated this bidding frenzy died down, and at least in
the mid-2000s the typical eBay hammer price was $30 to $40.

I acquired mine in a trade with Ian Milne, another former regular here,
someone who I used to tussle with a bit here but who I later became
friendly with. We did several trades.

Among the areas I specialize in are ancient Athenian Owls and their
copies. I also like quirky stuff, and this piece squarely falls into
this realm.

--

Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom

RCC tokens John[_6_] Coins 18 June 6th 08 06:06 PM
Help me ID these tokens, please Cliff Coins 1 December 4th 06 06:37 PM
tokens thelivinglady Coins 4 May 2nd 06 05:27 AM
FA: Exonumia, Counterstamps, 'Good Fors', Billiards Tokens, Magic Tokens, Military Medals and more Josh Moran Coins 0 February 10th 06 04:59 PM
FA: Communion Tokens, Hawaiian Tokens & Medals SiCordova Coins 0 September 14th 04 09:19 PM