Updated List

Old July 29th 03, 05:26 PM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

Default Updated List

Hey guys!

Just letting you know that I've updated the list today. We've also put
on some bulk lots again.

Thanks!!!

Kathy
--

Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.katestrackshack.com
Old July 30th 03, 08:07 AM
Caljamscott

Dear ,

I have complained several times about your members' incessant commercial
spamming of a newsgroup, yet nothing seems to actually be getting done.

Here is another example of your members' commercial spamming. Please action
this account accordingly.

Thank you.

--ABUSIVE POST WITH FULL HEADERS--

From: Daniel & Kathy Gibson
Newsgroups: alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Subject: Updated List

Old July 31st 03, 12:44 PM
Caljamscott

"trippin2-8track" wrote in message
om...
Yo Scott, this just in, one of this message board's FUNCTIONS is to
list carts for sale.

(sheesh !!)

It better not be. Show me the text.

Scott

Old July 31st 03, 10:32 PM
Bluemuse

"trippin2-8track" wrote in message
. com...
Yo Scott, this just in, one of this message board's FUNCTIONS is to
list carts for sale.

(sheesh !!)

It better not be. Show me the text.

Scott

A quick Google search turned up the charter. Buying and selling is indeed one
of the purposes. :P

Control: newgroup alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

For your newsgroups file:
alt.collecting.8-track-tapes Fans of the endless loop cartridge.

The proposal for alt.collecting.8-track-tapes was posted in alt.config
on 4/19/95. Responses to the proposal began immediately via email and
by posts to alt.config. The responses were overwhelmingly favorable from
the beginning; and the end result was that approximately 95% of the

The purpose of alt.collecting.8-track-tapes is to provide a gathering
place for the widely scattered 8-track-tape collectors on the net. In
addition to serving as a focal point, this newsgroup will (1) facilitate
activities such as buying/selling/trading 8-track tapes and playback
equipment; (2) help collectors find new sources of tapes and players in
the face of an ever-dwindling supply; and (3) provide a place to
discusss 8-tracking in the 1990s, including recent 8-track releases by
independent record labels.. Finally, the newsgroup will be a forum for
the various philosophies engendered by the hobby (e.g., analog
vs. digital sound).

--Bob Farace

"I only believe in fire." --Anais Nin
Old August 1st 03, 03:48 AM
Larry Blumenfeld

Bluemuse wrote:

[...]

And this will silence Scott now and forever. Well, maybe not.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Old August 1st 03, 04:37 AM
Bluemuse

I'm not sure this type of illicit activity is permitted on Usenet. I will
find out though.

Scott

If you've ever done much looking around Usenet you'd see that not only is it
permitted, but there are even newsgroups set up to do nothing *but*
buying/selling/trading. Take a look at rec.musicmakers.marketplace, for one.
Then stop sending complaints to ISPs that people are doing *exactly what
they're supposed to be doing* here. It's obvious to everyone that you're only
doing it to harass people that you feel have wronged you in some way. That in
itself is net abuse.