Two More Baystate Colors!

Old April 23rd 08, 06:56 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Two More Baystate Colors!

I went to FPN today and learned that Nathan Tardif has mixed up two
more Baystate colors. Some kind of cranberry--a red--and a purple. I
think these are supposed to be as vibrant as the blue, HOWEVER, the
red is NOT waterproof, which is a bummer. But the thing is, even if
the blue were not waterproof, my own thought is that it beats the hell
out of any other blue out there in the vibrancy department.

Apparently, these two colors can be mixed with the blue, and as the
purple is billed at Swisher's as being somewhat waterproof, I'd guess
the purple is a mix of the cranberry and the blue, but who knows.

These inks might be available all over the place, but I saw them at
Swisher's and I'm thinking I'm going to order some tomorrow, but
whoever gets them first, if anybody here gets them, how about typing
up a few comments, unless it's one of you FPN ****nuts who wants to
complain about staining, and if that's the case, you can take your pen
and shove it up your mile wide ass and whine to high heaven with your
**** ant crybaby friends at www.fountainpennetwork.com
Old April 23rd 08, 07:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

The Drunken Lord wrote:
I went to FPN today and learned that Nathan Tardif has mixed up two
more Baystate colors. Some kind of cranberry--a red--and a purple.

The red is a very pinky red, btw. I received bottles of both colors from
Swisher, but I haven't posted reviews yet. I'll get the cranberry one
up tonight.

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"
Old April 24th 08, 03:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:56:04 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:

The Drunken Lord wrote:
I went to FPN today and learned that Nathan Tardif has mixed up two
more Baystate colors. Some kind of cranberry--a red--and a purple.

The red is a very pinky red, btw. I received bottles of both colors from
Swisher, but I haven't posted reviews yet. I'll get the cranberry one
up tonight.

Good deal.

Can you tell us if the colors are as vibrant as the blue?

Thanks.
Old April 24th 08, 09:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

The Drunken Lord wrote:
Can you tell us if the colors are as vibrant as the blue?

They're not that electrifyingly vibrant.

Here's the grape:
http://flickr.com/photos/muhe-e/2438470490/

Here's the cranberry:
http://flickr.com/photos/muhe-e/2437649589/

All my ink and pen photos are on my flickr photostream.

Old April 25th 08, 07:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:41:31 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:

The Drunken Lord wrote:
Can you tell us if the colors are as vibrant as the blue?

They're not that electrifyingly vibrant.

Here's the grape:
http://flickr.com/photos/muhe-e/2438470490/

Here's the cranberry:
http://flickr.com/photos/muhe-e/2437649589/

All my ink and pen photos are on my flickr photostream.

Thanks for the link and the comments.

I think you've saved me $25. But who knows. I'll probably order them
anyway.
Old April 25th 08, 11:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

"Deirdre Saoirse Moen" wrote in message
The Drunken Lord wrote:
Can you tell us if the colors are as vibrant as the blue?

They're not that electrifyingly vibrant.

Here's the grape:
http://flickr.com/photos/muhe-e/2438470490/

Here's the cranberry:
http://flickr.com/photos/muhe-e/2437649589/

That looks more like cherry pink, to me, than it does Thanksgiving sauce. It
looks good, anyway.

Thanks for posting them.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Old April 25th 08, 10:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

Bluesea wrote:
That looks more like cherry pink, to me, than it does Thanksgiving sauce. It
looks good, anyway.

Yes, cherry pink is a good description.

Old April 26th 08, 03:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Bluesea wrote:
That looks more like cherry pink, to me, than it does Thanksgiving sauce.
It
looks good, anyway.

Yes, cherry pink is a good description.

Ohh...hmm...then, I think it would be better for Nathan to rename it "Cherry
Pink" or another more accurate description as the name.

Old April 26th 08, 03:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Bluesea wrote:
That looks more like cherry pink, to me, than it does Thanksgiving
sauce. It
looks good, anyway.

Yes, cherry pink is a good description.

Ohh...hmm...then, I think it would be better for Nathan to rename it
"Cherry Pink" or another more accurate description as the name.

On second thought, am I missing something like an insider's joke? Are
cherries known as "Baystate cranberries" or "Massachusetts cranberries," in
Massachusetts or the Northeast or along the Atlantic Seaboard?

Old April 28th 08, 05:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Bluesea wrote:
That looks more like cherry pink, to me, than it does Thanksgiving sauce.
It
looks good, anyway.

Yes, cherry pink is a good description.

Ohh...hmm...then, I think it would be better for Nathan to rename it "Cherry
Pink" or another more accurate description as the name.

Since when did Nathan concern himself with using accurate name
descriptions???

"Cherry Pink" is probably more accurate, but Nathan probably wanted to
use a less gay sounding name like "Cranberry".

Noodler's Baystate Blue The Drunken Lord Pens & Pencils 4 April 5th 08 03:54 PM
Crazy Colors don't look Coins 28 September 23rd 07 06:49 PM
G-2 Refill With Other Colors Surinder Singh Pens & Pencils 2 August 20th 06 07:37 AM
UPU Colors AK47 General Discussion 1 September 11th 05 03:53 AM
LOVE in 9 COLORS Leo Wong General Discussion 0 July 2nd 05 12:58 AM